Do you attend your daughter's practice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
Because they are trying to prepare parents to not show up at your apartment unexpectedly on a Sunday morning to take you to breakfast only to find out that you had a half naked girl in your room? Not that that happened to anybody I know..
Isn't this kind of post more appropriate for the "Shameless Parent Brag" forum, or is that supposed to just be about our kids? :)

Apr 10, 2021
I still do with DD at 12u and seem to be in the minority.

Partly because its my time to decompress from the day and be outside and also to see what things I can help her work on at home.

Mar 6, 2016
NETFLIX and Youtube TV in the Tesla!! (y) DD practices are 6-8p so usually can watch a pro game or tv show at that time.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no..usually never for the whole practice. But, 30-40 min away...I usually stay and then watch some. Gotta see if I'm getting my $$ worth right? ;)

Jun 8, 2016
Isn't this kind of post more appropriate for the "Shameless Parent Brag" forum, or is that supposed to just be about our kids? :)
I mean not if this hypothetical guy ended up marrying the hypothetical girl...😳

Jan 28, 2017
Practices are 2:30 hours away and my dad normally rides with us. When he goes he likes watching practice. When he isn't with us, I sit in the car sometimes, watch sometimes, sometimes watch another team practice. I'm not going to Walmart. Just whatever I feel like doing. Somedays I realize that it's probably best if I'm not around. Her mom's job has odd rules and travel due to COVID. So I'm normally the only option for transportation.

She is 14 and plays on the HS varsity. I normally catch the end of practice. I call pitches for all the girls during the game.

Jun 10, 2018
NY
There is something to be said for letting your kid do things without having her parent there every second of the day...21st century helicopter parenting at its best.
I must agree with this, let your kids fly on their own at least at practice, if not a game!! Its good for them to see you having other interests, and its fun to get their spin on how practice went.
When I coached, the girls loved the independence of sometimes not having parents there. Also, the kids with hovering parents almost always ended up quitting.

May 11, 2018
I am near by but never hovering around the field. i go for walks, read books under a tree or set up a chair near the outfield fence and relax. i do get a kick out of how much fun these girls have.

Nov 4, 2015
School ball..don't watch practice. Travel ball...don't go to all of them, but want to see enough to make sure we are getting what we were sold at the tryout. I want to see all the girls getting better. I want to see my daughter getting pushed to be better. I also want to know that she is getting the opportunities in practice to compete for playing time. I love watching them play AND practice.

Jun 8, 2016
Travel ball...don't go to all of them, but want to see enough to make sure we are getting what we were sold at the tryout.
One thing I learned after my DD's 1st TB team is I will no longer ever join a team without knowing whether the HC runs a good practice ahead of time. If the coach won't let you watch a practice before deciding to join then he/she is hiding something..this isn't the NFL. The new team DD joined actually just had her workout with the team during a practice (although I already knew he ran a good practice before that..)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2