Dinger Exit Velocity

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Back when I coached 10U, I gave each girl a printout of this photo. Just to show a lot of what is right with this swing. It still looks like a very good swing to me. I asked the girls to tell me if this photo was before or after she hit the ball.

To me, looks like she's just now at extension.

Attachments

• Softball Swing.jpg
    Softball Swing.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 25
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
How about size/weight of the ball difference?
This is taking the thread way off course, but does the weight of the ball matter. How much? I googled weight of a softball. 6.15 to 7.0 oz. That is a huge difference.
So Cal has been experiencing some very humid and rainy conditions as of late. Ball seems heavy/lifeless during front toss. I weighed the bucket of balls on a food scale and the average weight was 6.75 oz. with 7 balls weighing over 7 oz. Does that matter and how much?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
This is taking the thread way off course, but does the weight of the ball matter. How much? I googled weight of a softball. 6.15 to 7.0 oz. That is a huge difference.
So Cal has been experiencing some very humid and rainy conditions as of late. Ball seems heavy/lifeless during front toss. I weighed the bucket of balls on a food scale and the average weight was 6.75 oz. with 7 balls weighing over 7 oz. Does that matter and how much?
And resistance of a rounder diameter object pushing through the air.

Jun 8, 2016
And resistance of a rounder diameter object pushing through the air.
We were talking about exit velocity, not distance travelled after contact. Any differences in the ball are taken into account (with regards to exit velocity) through q.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
We were talking about exit velocity, not distance travelled after contact. Any differences in the ball are taken into account (with regards to exit velocity) through q.
Probably you noticed I was replying to Rollinghard.🤷‍♀️

🙂Can understand why you'd like to keep your math organized though 😉

radness

Dec 13, 2019
This is taking the thread way off course, but
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

and he was replying to your comment which tried to link size and weight to EV..
Good luck trying to control the direction of conversations on dfp tho...🤣
does the weight of the ball matter. How much? I googled weight of a softball. 6.15 to 7.0 oz. That is a huge difference.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs