Difference in baseball cleats and softball cleats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2013
What are the differences in baseball cleats vs softball cleats? I have trouble finding hightop cleats for my DD and usually end up in the baseball cleats.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I could be wrong but other than most softball cleats coming in womens sizes and most baseball cleats coming in mens sizes I don't think there is any real difference beyond that.

Dec 29, 2011
Tempe, Az
I could be wrong but other than most softball cleats coming in womens sizes and most baseball cleats coming in mens sizes I don't think there is any real difference beyond that.

This is correct! If you look closely at some of the top brands you will notice almost the same model (besides changes in colors and name) for both softball and baseball.

Apr 7, 2013
For the most part they are the same, there are a few companies that sell female "specific" cleats. Ringor is probably the most well known.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have tried men's cleat, when I couldn't find my size and always the toe box is too wide. They seem to fit in the store and the heel is fine, but I can't wear them because of the reason I said.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Men's sizes are standard D width, women's are a B width. If you need to go the men's cleats route and your DD doesn't have a wide foot, try to find a men's narrow 2 sizes smaller than the size she wears in women's. A man's 7N is roughly equivelant to a women's 9M.

Jan 24, 2011
Texas
Big time fan of Ringor as someone else mentioned.My DD plays in college now and she's had the same pair for 2 years with no sign of quit in them. The pair before she had for almost 3. She's a C/IF and the mesh with the pitchers toe works great. She'll never change (her words not mine) now that she's found them. They do have some styles in the mid-size cut. Here's the website if interested: Softball Footwear | Ringor Fastpitch Softball

O

Olinelooo

I couldn't find my size and always the toe box is too wide. They seem to fit in the store and the heel is fine, but I can't wear them because of the reason I said.????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloie