Replacing Insoles in cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Cleats seem have the worst insoles of any shoes made. For the folks that replace the factory insoles what kind of insoles have you found to work the best.

May 18, 2022
Cleats seem have the worst insoles of any shoes made. For the folks that replace the factory insoles what kind of insoles have you found to work the best.
my son uses superfeet carbon insoles in his baseball cleats, expensive but they eliminated foot pain he experiences with cleats.

Feb 3, 2023
Going to give turf shoes a try honestly. See if they work better/last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2018
Just went through this with DD last summer after she had an ankle injury for the first time. It’s important to remember that there are two different kinds of insoles that serve different functions: padded insoles that cushion the landing vs supportive insoles that help with the arch and foot angle.

DD’s orthopedist said most of the major brands you find in stores will do the trick, just be sure you’re getting the right kind for your needs.

May 13, 2021
Just went through this with DD last summer after she had an ankle injury for the first time. It’s important to remember that there are two different kinds of insoles that serve different functions: padded insoles that cushion the landing vs supportive insoles that help with the arch and foot angle.

DD’s orthopedist said most of the major brands you find in stores will do the trick, just be sure you’re getting the right kind for your needs.

I guess if your not having some sort of arch associated pain then you would just need the padding and not the support.Seems like pitchers would need a good insole especially on there stride foot to prevent injury and or soreness.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
We just sent a pair of "EasyFeet" sport orthotics (the Flame On version) to one of my DD's who has had some soreness on her stride/landing foot. She's using them in her turf shoes right now as all of there practices are indoors on a hard turf surface. She may or may not transfer them to her cleats once they go outside. It's hasn't even been 2 weeks yet but she reports that they feel good so far. It was recommended to only wear for a couple hours per day at first due to the extra arch support that the user may not be used to. She's also been getting her foot taped prior to practice for the last couple weeks. Hopefully it all works.

BTW - some brands of athletic shoes come with basically throw away insoles in my opinion so finding good aftermarket insoles is essential for many.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri

We have been replacing DD's stock insoles since 10u. I've played hockey since I was 8yo, ran cross country in JH and HS, and skied/snowboarded since I was in Jr High. I'm not schooled in any medical field, but two things I do know are that shoe fit and proper insoles are absolute game changers.

But, no two sets of feet or gaits are alike. My #1 suggestion, if available, is to see if you have a running shoe store in your area and ask if they have a foot scanner. They'll scan your DD's feet and measure length, shape, arch height, etc so they can recommend the best insole based on need and sport type. Be sure to take whatever cleat/turf shoe you're going to put them in so your DD can try a couple different of the recommended insoles.

We have a Fleet Feet in town here. They have a foot scanner and a machine that measures foot pressure as the person walks across it. Based on those two measurements (along with DD's sport) they could narrow down to a couple recommended insole designs based on her need.

I probably sound silly ranting about this. But properly fitted insoles are worth every penny. Especially for catchers and pitchers.

What's another $50 - $60 anyways...... :rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2018
I probably sound silly ranting about this. But properly fitted insoles are worth every penny. Especially for catchers and pitchers.

I had such bad back problems that I was hospitalized 18 years ago. After trying all kinds of therapies my chiropractor had me fitted for custom orthotics. I was pain-free 48 hours after putting them in my shoes and have been good for 15 years. Rant on, brother!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles