Diamond9 Showcase - Orlando - this coming weekend - anyone done this before?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
My buddies dd team is playing at the Seminole County Sports Complex . Not sure how many college coaches will be there........

We have friends at the Seminole complex as well. I was wondering the same thing.... I'm sure I will hear all about it when they return.

Feb 3, 2014
Day 1 at Seminole County Sports Complex - guest playing with 18u Gold team. I saw lots of coaches, D1 & D2. Couple of programs that my daughter emailed were there. I'm sure there are more coaches at ESPN but pleasantly suprised yesterday. The complex is literally right beside the Orlando / Sanford Airport . Great weather, low 80s, breezy & nice. She had a good day in the circle & at the plate.

Oct 2, 2012
Day 1 at Seminole County Sports Complex - guest playing with 18u Gold team. I saw lots of coaches, D1 & D2. Couple of programs that my daughter emailed were there. I'm sure there are more coaches at ESPN but pleasantly suprised yesterday. The complex is literally right beside the Orlando / Sanford Airport . Great weather, low 80s, breezy & nice. She had a good day in the circle & at the plate.

That's where DD is playing. A coach from her dream school (Duke) was there this morning so I'd say 'off site' is Ok!

Aug 20, 2013
This is our first showcase, but I have to say I am amazed at how many coaches are out. We are at the Espn wwos location but it seems there are at least a couple coaches at every field that I've looked at. I've seen as many as 30 or so at 1 field.
Ive heard positive results from friends playing at some of thw other sites as well.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
It really would make more sense if more of the mid-level/small orgs were given a shot at the main complex for at least a couple of games. The biggies could have 4-5 and then play 2 somewhere else. As mentioned above, most of the 18U Gold teams are already fully committed or close to it at this point. Why not give other teams (who are paying just as much OR MORE than the big guys) a shot at some prime recruiting?

Seems to me that you'd get more teams coming back and a lot more positive press. But what do I know?

Tournament organizers cater to the marquee organizations in order to get them to attend as a draw for college coaches, then charge all of the mid-level/small orgs inflated fees because of the number of coaches attending. They just fail to mention that the mid-level/small orgs will be relegated to obscure fields against other obscure teams...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad