DeMarini CF4 ST??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I've seen a new 2011 bat from DeMarini on a couple of sites called the CF4 ST and the CF4 ST Insane edition.

They don't have these listed on DeMarini's website though.

Has anyone heard anything about these bats?
And what's the difference with the Insane Edition?

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2009
Ok, thanks.

Do you know anything about the main differences and pros/cons of using an end-loaded bats vs a balanced one?

I'm no expert, I'm sure others on here can fill in some specifics. But an end-loaded bat is better suited for power hitters. Your 3 and 4 spot hitters, who hit for power. My dd is a slapper, so an end-loaded bat is definitely not a good choice. I don't know for sure, but have heard others say that if you don't have good swing mechanics already, and end-loaded bat may cause problems. I would think that they need to be stronger, probably at least 12 with good upper body strength. If you know someone with an Anderson Rocketech, you might have your dd swing that and see how it "feels" to her. Some just don't like how it feels when they swing. But for a good power hitter, they are great.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
Well my tournament team last year really liked the Rocketechs and I remember when I tried them I didn't like them. However, my swing has changed a lot since then.

(P.S. I don't have a DD, I guess I am the DD lol My parents don't know much about softball other than what I tell them :p)

Feb 24, 2010
(P.S. I don't have a DD, I guess I am the DD lol My parents don't know much about softball other than what I tell them :p)

And I'm sure your coaches appreciate that, since they don't have a "coach" in the stands telling them what they are doing wrong!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach