Demarini bats that fail compression test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
Just a heads up, not there problem. 6 months old, failed first test after 3.5 months of use and failed every test sense, for a grand total of three. What a joke, as the cs rep says on the phone "There not necessarily made to pass" and "just use it in the tournaments that don't check". Really?? Known hot bat. I wounder if they would cover the med expenses if my kid drills a pitcher in the face.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hmmm...DD's TB team had their bats checked at ASA Nationals. Included were the following Demarinis: 31/21 CF5, 31/20 CF6, 30/20 CF6, 32/22 CF8, 31/21 CF8 Slapper, 32/20 Vendetta, and 31/19 Vendetta. Every bat passed the compression test.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Our team had three of the drop 11's fail at Southern Nationals including one that was new in the wrapper. We had been given a heads up by another one of our teams that this was happening. A Demarini rep got involved and supposedly they will not pass the compression test using the standard measurements of other bats. The ball exit speed is the same and that is why they have the stamps from all of the sanctions. I could have sworn I saw a list on the table where they were checking them that listed different bat models and different readings they should measure at.

In the end all of the drop 11's measured in the "red" fail area but passed.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Our team had three of the drop 11's fail at Southern Nationals including one that was new in the wrapper. We had been given a heads up by another one of our teams that this was happening. A Demarini rep got involved and supposedly they will not pass the compression test using the standard measurements of other bats. The ball exit speed is the same and that is why they have the stamps from all of the sanctions. I could have sworn I saw a list on the table where they were checking them that listed different bat models and different readings they should measure at.

For ASA, bats that don't fall within the standard compression limits should be checked against this list...Non Linear Bat Compression Thresholds

If the bat is within the limits on the list, it's not a "fail".

Oct 10, 2011

Interesting... That would explain why a guy told me that if you only go by the compression tests they've done...The CF8 was the "hottest" out of the wrapper.

Jan 23, 2014
I have no idea about compression tests, but I do have my very wonderful eyesight test. DD has cf6, another girl CF7, and another just got the CF8. All -11. DD swung CF7 before getting CF6 ball seems to pop off the bat very similar. The girl who just got CF8 had swung either of the other 2 bats, has a great swing ball pop similar to DD. The 1st day she used that cf8 the ball coming off the bat was so much hotter than it had been. Very fast line drives, my dd took one in the wrist, thought it was broke. Anyway, I will continue to watch but the CF8 out of the wrapper seemed quite a bit hotter than the already hot Cf6 or cf7

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yupper...known hot bat and all the associations are in on it by passing it...and continue to let the bat slide
after many months of the bat being out.

Btw, all of Demarini's SP Flippers would fail if they didnt have the modified compression testing scale. Its the way they are made.

What Demarini is saying is that failing a compression test is not a reason for replacement because the bat
is not broke or damaged. Also, as probably here, how do we know the tester even knew what he was doing
which is a major problem? I could imagine all the returns for this reason only for the manufacturers to send the same bat back to
the customer saying the bat passes ASA tests. Would be a cluster. Testing is not widespread as of yet.
Most tournys do not test. So its not a factor for returning a bat. There is a reason that testing has modified
scales so that bats that are allowed by ASA standards still pass, and not the other way around.

Funny, are you worried about all the older Eastons and other bats some folks search far and wide for? Wonder why
they want them :)

Jun 16, 2011
Two Demarini CF7 Hope 31/21 bats failed on my daughter's team at ASA Nationals. One was 6 months old, other was 15 months old. Warranty rep told me the bats show no structural damage and would not get replaced. They also told me they never heard of any issue with their bats failing compression tests.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles