About bats passing "compression test"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think you kinda misunderstood them and since you seem new to compression machines I can see it happening.

What ALL bat companies are saying, is, they don't replace bats because of compression testing failure. Not passing compression tests is not a broken/damaged bat. So when people call and say, my
bat doesn't pass compression I want a new bat...they tell you they don't make the bats for compression machines...they make bats for ASA standards.

The compression machines are just something the associations have as a convenient, portable way to test at the tournament. And like some have said, you also have the lack of knowledge in the human factor of testing as well :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Here is a link to the numbers Demarinis are required to hit along with several other manufacturers.

Non Linear Bat Compression Thresholds

My recommendation would be to tell the people doing bat testing that your bat is on the non-linear bat list and to make sure that it is tested according to the compression thresholds on that list. If there is resistance, ask for the tournament UIC to make a ruling as the legality of a bat is covered specifically in the ASA rules.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse