Demarini bats that fail compression test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Would you rather them rename every bat even though its the same platform?

You have different drops 8, 9, 10, 11 (sprite)...then endload (insane) and slapper. Not really many versions.

I really don't care what name they call them. I just wanted to know why there were so many versions. Got it on the different drop weights - Wasn't talking about those.

What makes the slapper different?
What is the sprite?

So the insane's difference from the sprite and slapper is endloadnig?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I really don't care what name they call them. I just wanted to know why there were so many versions. Got it on the different drop weights - Wasn't talking about those.

What makes the slapper different?
What is the sprite?

So the insane's difference from the sprite and slapper is endloadnig?

Sprite is -11 (although, it seems that Demarini has gone away from that name on their website)
Insane is -10 end-loaded.
Slapper is -10 with the weight balance shifted a little towards the handle (compared with the balanced models), and has a longer barrel.
Hope is -10 balanced, limited edition for Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
All other CFs (without the special name) are balanced.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Sprite is -11 (although, it seems that Demarini has gone away from that name on their website)
Insane is -10 end-loaded.
Slapper is -10 with the weight balance shifted a little towards the handle (compared with the balanced models), and has a longer barrel.
Hope is -10 balanced, limited edition for Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
All other CFs (without the special name) are balanced.

Great info ^^^. Thanks!
Wondering if DD needs to jump ship from Louisville and try Demarini.....

Oct 10, 2011
Does the CF8 "feel" the same as the other CF series or is the new design different. DD wasn't a big fan of the CF5 so we sold it to a friend really cheap and she hit her 1st two homeruns ever within the first week!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Does the CF8 "feel" the same as the other CF series or is the new design different. DD wasn't a big fan of the CF5 so we sold it to a friend really cheap and she hit her 1st two homeruns ever within the first week!

I would be surprised if there is a noticeable difference in feel between a CF5 and a CF8 (or anything in between), if you are comparing bats of the same length, weight, and balance.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD couldn't feel a difference in the CF5 -11 and the CF7. We got our warranty bat in for the CF7 and went with the slapper. Even though it is an inch longer and jumped 2 ounces versus the -11 it doesn't feel much heavier the way the weight is shifted.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Feel wise you arent gonna feel much diff than any CF model. So I would venture to say if you didnt like a CF5 because of how
it felt, I wouldnt chance spending money on another CF hoping the feel is different. Diff strokes for diff folks. Some like
a certain bat while some dont.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55