Demarini bats that fail compression test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
Daughter says cf8-9 and. Insane swing like her xeno, cf-10 swings like her xlt, Easton scn5b and DeMarini mercy swing very similar. The xeno is the end loaded version just like the insane is demarini's end load option.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Xeno isn't their endload version. Its just weighed heavier than the very balanced LXT so it feels like a slight endload but definitely not marketed
that way.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
It's a question that only your DD can answer.

True, but too vague to be realistic.

Since I have been working with her for the last five years, I've learned her likes and dislikes when it comes to a bat. I suppose over time you have learned your DD's likes and dislikes on various items too?
All I am asking for is the information on the bat to see if it's worth taking a chance. Now if you are offering to send some of the new CF8s for DD to try out, that's a different story. PM me and I'll give you our shipping address. She can try every bat out if it's free. If we have to pay for the bat, I want to make an informed decision.

You wouldn't go out and buy something you knew your DD wouldn't want or use would you?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2015

Since I have been working with her for the last five years, I've learned her likes and dislikes when it comes to a bat. I suppose over time you have learned your DD's likes and dislikes on various items too?
All I am asking for is the information on the bat to see if it's worth taking a chance. Now if you are offering to send some of the new CF8s for DD to try out, that's a different story. PM me and I'll give you our shipping address. She can try every bat out if it's free. If we have to pay for the bat, I want to make an informed decision.

You wouldn't go out and buy something you knew your DD wouldn't want or use would you?

I do not know where you live but Demarini operates demo houses all over the country, where you can try out multiple bats before making a decision.

As for the CF8 -10, DD loves it but she has always liked Demarini. Her CF7 -11 split this past June (within the warranty period) and since she was moving up a size we finished the season with her sister's Xeno LXT. This was the first bat failure with Demarini and DD has been swinging one since the orange and blue CF5. The CF7 was replaced with a CF8 by Demarini. Even though the Xeno is one inch shorter, and one ounce lighter, the CF8 feels lighter and DD's bat speed is slightly faster than swinging the Xeno. CF8 is very hot as well. Never could get her older sister to give Demarini the time of day though. Of course, DD1 is a solid batter but only hit two HRs ever and DD2 hits with much more power. I do not know if that has anything to do with it, but it has cost me more money not being able to pass bats down.

Good luck on your search.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

I guess I didn't communicate my point very well, or maybe I misunderstood your question. I took your comment about "jumping ship" from LS to Demarini as wondering if a CF8 would be a step up from an LS bat.

Performance-wise, there won't be much of a difference (if any) between a CF8, LXT, or Xeno. They are all great bats. DFP'er Little Angles Softball is of the opinion that the LXT has a slight edge over the others. If a significant performance gain is your goal or expectation, you might be disappointed. However, a slight change in feel might make your DD more comfortable/confident, which may result in better hitting. Then again, the change in feel might be detrimental. These are personal preferences issues that no one except your DD (and maybe you) can make any judgement about.

If your DD has a teammate with a CF of the right length and weight, see if she can give it a try. If that's not an option, look into a place you can take a demo for a run. My tendency is to just buy and hope I made a good choice (I'm pretty dumb like that).

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
All I can say is the CF-8 -11 is the right bat for my 80lb DD. She has come close to hitting over the fence with a ground rule double. Tons of doubles. I didn't see the distance until we went with DeMarini.

Aug 27, 2015
I have no idea about compression tests, but I do have my very wonderful eyesight test. DD has cf6, another girl CF7, and another just got the CF8. All -11. DD swung CF7 before getting CF6 ball seems to pop off the bat very similar. The girl who just got CF8 had swung either of the other 2 bats, has a great swing ball pop similar to DD. The 1st day she used that cf8 the ball coming off the bat was so much hotter than it had been. Very fast line drives, my dd took one in the wrist, thought it was broke. Anyway, I will continue to watch but the CF8 out of the wrapper seemed quite a bit hotter than the already hot Cf6 or cf7

My oldest has CF6 32/21, CF7 32/22, CF8 32/22 and I can honestly say that CF8 is a beast right out of the wrapper. She loved her CF6, swung it over 500 hits and that CF8 was just as hot on her first hit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55