Failed Compression Test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
So, my 12 YO DD has a Demarini Hope CF-8 that was tested today for the first time ever and it failed. The tester asked me if it had been in the car for awhile, and it hadn't...been in the bag for a couple hours in about 85 degrees. He told me I can try again tomorrow, so I will.

What is it that causes a bat to fail a compression test? Too much compression....? To hot?

We haven't done anything to the bat and it's not all that old, I don't perceive my daughter as a beast that hits bombs, although she hits pretty well, but she's cracked (2) CF 8's (-11's) and now we have this.

I know allot of people use Demarini, but this seems to be allot of issues for bats for a 12 year old.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
A lot of failed compression tests stem from the people not doing them correctly and not using correct
compression numbers for certain bats. There are diff passing numbers for a lot of bats. Its not across
the board like it used to be. When it started, failing was 1550. Now you have bats all over. The Ghost
is 1050 as is the Monsta. Some are 1300 (if I remember, that's where Demarini is)...yada yada. The testers need to keep up of have a sheet

But, other things that can assist in lower numbers is, yes, heat. Also, the more hits you have on the bat
lessens compression.

Dec 18, 2016
Well....I took the bat back today and it failed again and I guess compression failure isn't a warrantable issue, so......DD is already asking for a new bat! (lol)

Jul 3, 2013
This is just more evidence that the newer bats don't need a ton of swings to break them in. 3 or 4 rounds of BP, then put it in the bag as a game only bat. Use an old bat for practice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2013
A lot of failed compression tests stem from the people not doing them correctly and not using correct
compression numbers for certain bats. There are diff passing numbers for a lot of bats. Its not across
the board like it used to be. When it started, failing was 1550. Now you have bats all over. The Ghost
is 1050 as is the Monsta. Some are 1300 (if I remember, that's where Demarini is)...yada yada. The testers need to keep up of have a sheet

But, other things that can assist in lower numbers is, yes, heat. Also, the more hits you have on the bat
lessens compression.
1300 is correct number for CF8. Demarini Flippers are 1050.
Non Linear Bat Compression Thresholds

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying