DD's Swing evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
We're talking about this hitter.......learn to post gifs.

tumblr_pdiy25bJeq1usf292o1_400.gif

wOaYoA.gif

Based on the 'drill' this hitter is doing, I think she is doing pretty well. It doesn't necessarily look like a game swing, but it isn't supposed to.

Jun 8, 2016
Look at the Braun drill again. He sets the tee up high and away. And his hands are active. He trying to hit down on the ball. The girls tee is middle in high. And there is no hand action. She's hitting level to the ball. So not the braun drill.

I did say similar..:cool: It is a drill for getting a feeling of applying torque to the handle to turn the barrel. I am not going to get into the argument whether the hands should provide direction before the torquing takes place, but a proper barrel turn does involve using the hands like that. I see a lot of girls which such a dramatic push of the handle to the ball that something like this could be useful even if you think the first action of the hands is to direct.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Bottom line it's a good drill for little kids that are 'learning' to not drop their hands. Brauns drill teaches bat path , hand path and direction. Hand path+direction = turn the barrel. Not put the bat on your neck and sling it around with your arms maintaining a box. That equals nothing. No it equals sit down on the bench and chart pitches.

Jun 8, 2016
Bottom line it's a good drill for little kids that are 'learning' to not drop their hands. Brauns drill teaches bat path , hand path and direction. Hand path+direction = turn the barrel. Not put the bat on your neck and sling it around with your arms maintaining a box. That equals nothing. No it equals sit down on the bench and chart pitches.

Since a large part of direction is reading the pitch location dynamically I am not a huge advocate of tee drills for teaching that to begin with. But to each their own..I don't use it as my DD hates tee work anyway..wiffles at home and softballs at the park :cool:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
LOL. Was this ^^^ towards me? I'm just trying to show the differences between what turn the barrel (loading) and turning the barrel (unloading) is.Am I not allowed to post if I can't post GIFs? Hahaha.

I have been talking about that girl hitter for 2 pages now!

Fact is that girl is just turning her arms. All unload. Just like Judge. No middle. No adjustability. . It's all go from the beginning . lurkers beware.

First you said it was a drill you liked. Then you said she's 'learning' . People aren't dumb here .

Since you know so much. Why don't you put your students swing up there and show us what you instruct ? I'll do the same after you. Then we can compare and see who is closer to a match. Sound good? Let's see that HI swing! Put up or shut up

You can't even post a video.....
You first post a gif or video first......I doubt you can.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Not put the bat on your neck and sling it around with your arms maintaining a box.
wOaYoA.gif

tumblr_pdiy25bJeq1usf292o1_400.gif

NO-WORK...you need glasses...the bat isn't on the neck.
And TD agreed with you......Dollar store has reading glass for a...DOLLAR.....
SHAME ON BOTH OF YOU FOR TRYING TO MIS-LEAD EVERY ONE......

maintaining a box.
Again WRONG....maybe a triangle...but, no one 'tries' to MAINTAIN any thing.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Let's see it buddy. I think everyone is wondering how the great RDBass students swing it.

I got a clip already uploaded. Let's see yours. Don't be shy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC