DD's Swing evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_pdiy25bJeq1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_otxcx245wv1usf292o1_500.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
In the girls DRILL swing her rear leg is virtually non existent because the DRILL is isolating the barrel turn. Add in a turning rear leg and her DRILL swing looks much different is my bet.

So are you saying the rear leg aids in her HANDS turning the barrel? They are all connected?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't think the girl should be perfect, just that in all the swings posted the elite hitters hands turn as the elbow lowers,in the girl the hands turn very early and the back elbow doesn't lower as quickly.

Just thought the barrel turn is a little over baked.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I don't think the girl should be perfect, just that in all the swings posted the elite hitters hands turn as the elbow lower and the girl the hands turn very early and the back elbow doesn't lower as quickly.

Just thought the barrel turn is a little over baked.

You might want to look again at Elite hitters. The swing 'slots ' the elbow or lowers the elbow.
It's a drill at a ball on a tee. May be the hitter is working on 'turning the barrel' with no sense of urgency. It's a drill.
Oh, my gosh.... I hear complaints of no softball hitters posted. I post a younger girl doing a drill swinging a bat.
Shawn or any one post a girl turning the barrel better than this hitter.
tumblr_pdiy25bJeq1usf292o1_400.gif

Or this hitter:
tumblr_pdkqu99oB31usf292o1_250.gif

Go ahead...I'll be waiting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA