DD's Swing evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I will now put you on ignore.
I tired to just ignore you but you kept wanting to put Gifs up
Yeah...gifs that you had no clue about....how many times did you get proving wrong.....HaHa.......
I didn't put you on ignore because I need the laughs......so, keep them coming...you silly......

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Ok, these two clips are stopped as the elbow lowers (you could stop it at any point). One is turning the barrel with the hands using the upperbody and one is not.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Ok, these two clips are stopped as the elbow lowers (you could stop it at any point). One is turning the barrel with the hands using the upperbody and one is not.

You are comparing a 'drill' to an actual 'swing'.

Drills, by their very nature, often do not duplicate reality. That's why they are considered 'drills'. Drills can actually make one worse ... depending on what is actually being extracted from the drill.

In this case, review Braun's two-step progression and you'll see the essence of the drill.

May 3, 2014
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

C'mon Shawn you are better than this. Clearly the difference is the rear leg.

Sep 17, 2009
That ball on the tee is almost at the girl's shoulder, very high. Seems to me she's just getting the feel of staying on top (front elbow working up) of a pitch high in the zone. The drill's not overlapping the load and unload because it looks like a simple hand path drill, IMO, with no real loading process. Not that much different in intent -- though maybe a bit in execution -- than Braun.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
That ball on the tee is almost at the girl's shoulder, very high. Seems to me she's just getting the feel of staying on top (front elbow working up) of a pitch high in the zone. The drill's not overlapping the load and unload because it looks like a simple hand path drill, IMO, with no real loading process. Not that much different in intent -- though maybe a bit in execution -- than Braun.

The tee is fairly high for Braun's drill as well ... yet Braun is using his torso more to perform adduction of the rear upper arm (humerus) in a turn (i.e., corner development) ... compared to the girl who is more turn and minimal use of the core to perform adduction.

Sep 17, 2009
The tee is fairly high for Braun's drill as well ... yet Braun is using his torso more to perform adduction of the rear upper arm (humerus) in a turn (i.e., corner development) ... compared to the girl who is more turn and minimal use of the core to perform adduction.

Are they doing the same exact drill with the same exact purpose/goal? I imagine not, right? So yes, I agree the (ball) setup is the same but execution is not, largely because the girl is focused on one thing in the drill, staying on top of high pitch. Braun is further along in the feels he is trying to attain. Girl is learning how to take the barrel to a high pitch. MLBer going through a full sequence of TTB/launch-feels. So to that extent comparing the two is really apples to oranges, and focusing on the differences between the two is fine but also largely beside-the-point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach