DD's Swing evaluation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
wOaYoA.gif

Everything together . Everything is moving.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
[video]https://vimeo.com/user39171066/review/285327762/9fed4179e4[/video]

Here's a fastpitch player. Same front side mechanic . Barrel gets turned , front elbow moves.

Jun 8, 2016
[video]https://vimeo.com/user39171066/review/285327762/9fed4179e4[/video]

Here's a fastpitch player. Same front side mechanic . Barrel gets turned , front elbow moves.

Maybe it is just me but I cannot access any of the links you are posting Work..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
LOL. Was this ^^^ towards me? I'm just trying to show the differences between what turn the barrel (loading) and turning the barrel (unloading) is.Am I not allowed to post if I can't post GIFs? Hahaha.

I have been talking about that girl hitter for 2 pages now!

Fact is that girl is just turning her arms. All unload. Just like Judge. No middle. No adjustability. . It's all go from the beginning . lurkers beware.

First you said it was a drill you liked. Then you said she's 'learning' . People aren't dumb here .

Since you know so much. Why don't you put your students swing up there and show us what you instruct ? I'll do the same after you. Then we can compare and see who is closer to a match. Sound good? Let's see that HI swing! Put up or shut up

Jun 8, 2016
LOL. Was this ^^^ towards me? I'm just trying to show the differences between what turn the barrel (loading) and turning the barrel (unloading) is.Am I not allowed to post if I can't post GIFs? Hahaha.

I have been talking about that girl hitter for 2 pages now!

Fact is that girl is just turning her arms. All unload. Just like Judge. No middle. No adjustability. . It's all go from the beginning . lurkers beware.

First you said it was a drill you liked. Then you said she's 'learning' . People aren't dumb here .

Since you know so much. Why don't you put your students swing up there and show us what you instruct ? I'll do the same after you. Then we can compare and see who is closer to a match. Sound good? Let's see that HI swing! Put up or shut up

I think somebody already mentioned this but it is pretty similar to the Braun drill that people like. The barrel position at launch is just flatter and the hands closer to the body so maybe call this the Brett or Epstein drill (since I think he advocated a neck slot for learning barrel turn?? )

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think somebody already mentioned this but it is pretty similar to the Braun drill that people like. The barrel position at launch is just flatter so maybe call this the Brett or Epstein drill (since I think he advocated a neck slot for learning barrel turn?? )

Look at the Braun drill again. He sets the tee up high and away. And his hands are active. He trying to hit down on the ball. The girls tee is middle in high. And there is no hand action. She's hitting level to the ball. So not the braun drill.

Braun was looking for bat path . These guys are saying it's a turn the barrel drill. Not even close to the same intent.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA