DD with knee injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 15, 2011
Wondering if anyone has gone through what my DD is currently going through? My DD is a freshman in HS and in November she suffered from a partial knee dislocation during basketball. She had an X-ray and the doctor didn't see anything so he prescribed PT for 3 weeks and gave her a brace to wear. Well on 1-13 she suffered the same injury and had an MRI completed. The dr reviewed the MRI and said she had a partial tear of the mpfl ligament and she has shallow trochlear grooves which make her more susceptible to knee dislocations. He has prescribed PT again and gave her a brace for added knee support. The pt thinks she will have pt for 6-8 weeks. Softball starts in may but there is concern that it is not a question of if but when she will experience another partial or full dislocation. Her basketball days are done and I think she is alright with that but softball is her passion. She pitches and plays SS. Any advice from anyone whoSe DD has gone through this? Much appreciated.

Mar 21, 2013
Most people think ortho's are all the same, but that is simply not the case. It is much different rehabbing someone for getting back to daily life, and rehabbing them to get back on the field of competitive sports. I would find the best sports Ortho in your area that specializes in the rehabilitation of athletes. Even if you have to drive a ways it will be worth your while.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
Wondering if anyone has gone through what my DD is currently going through? My DD is a freshman in HS and in November she suffered from a partial knee dislocation during basketball. She had an X-ray and the doctor didn't see anything so he prescribed PT for 3 weeks and gave her a brace to wear. Well on 1-13 she suffered the same injury and had an MRI completed. The dr reviewed the MRI and said she had a partial tear of the mpfl ligament and she has shallow trochlear grooves which make her more susceptible to knee dislocations. He has prescribed PT again and gave her a brace for added knee support. The pt thinks she will have pt for 6-8 weeks. Softball starts in may but there is concern that it is not a question of if but when she will experience another partial or full dislocation. Her basketball days are done and I think she is alright with that but softball is her passion. She pitches and plays SS. Any advice from anyone whoSe DD has gone through this? Much appreciated.
No advice, just wanted to say that I'm sorry your DD is going through this and I hope she heals quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole