DD swing any progress?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
There was some discussion on this thread about getting balanced or Howards/Hitter description of how to get in the balanced position, here is what I observed last night much the same as Howard’s only different description of how to get to that position.

The coach where my daughter takes pitching lessons was teaching a group of young softball students how to get in a balanced athletic position, last night.

He told them shoulders come forward rear goes back; knees bend forward slightly and you want to have the feeling off be on your toes with your back heels slightly off the ground.
The coach made a fist with both hands had the kids get into this position and push on the coach’s fist with their palms, if the kid was balance properly when the coach pulled his fist away the kid was able to maintain the position, if not then the kid would fall forward. He advised the kids you want to maintain this balance through throwing and hitting process.

After the class I asked where he learned this and he advised that an Orthopedic Surgeon had showed this to him when the surgeon’s daughter was a student of his.

Oct 25, 2009
There was some discussion on this thread about getting balanced or Howards/Hitter description of how to get in the balanced position, here is what I observed last night much the same as Howard’s only different description of how to get to that position.

The coach where my daughter takes pitching lessons was teaching a group of young softball students how to get in a balanced athletic position, last night.

He told them shoulders come forward rear goes back; knees bend forward slightly and you want to have the feeling off be on your toes with your back heels slightly off the ground.
The coach made a fist with both hands had the kids get into this position and push on the coach’s fist with their palms, if the kid was balance properly when the coach pulled his fist away the kid was able to maintain the position, if not then the kid would fall forward. He advised the kids you want to maintain this balance through throwing and hitting process.

After the class I asked where he learned this and he advised that an Orthopedic Surgeon had showed this to him when the surgeon’s daughter was a student of his.

The Orthopedic Surgeon probably learned it when she was a player at a fastpitch clinic. :)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Bass
We made a tape wed. Went to load on computer and film was not on camcorder. red record button was on camera?
Will try again Sat or after work today

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thanks,I will watch at home youtube blocked at work.Silly work wants me to work instead of learning how to teach my DD hitting.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Straightleg,
Also big thanks to Casey.Sure this video will help other girls along with my DD Laura.I'm sure she wanted to do more fun things on her Spring break than this.It's great of her to help out the dd's.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I will tell her.
She is a great DD to have and likes helping others.
She will make a fine coach someday.

SL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd