dd pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Cool! And the link works. I haven't down loaded the app, but I will, now. It is hard to tell too much from the rear view, but i would have her get her grip, in the glove. That will help hide it. She swims the glove out a little, but not bad. I look forward to seeing more shots of her.

Jan 27, 2010
I noticed the pitch went inside. She needs to stay open through the release. She is falling off to the right prior to the ball leaving her hand and this is forcing the ball inside. Stay down the powerline and this will also help her speed if she drives the right side into a firm left side through release. If you post a side view it would be helpful in showing any flaws in her motion.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Cool! And the link works. I haven't down loaded the app, but I will, now. It is hard to tell too much from the rear view, but i would have her get her grip, in the glove. That will help hide it. She swims the glove out a little, but not bad. I look forward to seeing more shots of her.

I can't get the video to play? It takes me to the link and then says," video is not a DIV-X file". I'm on Google Chrome and Safari and neither will play it. I'm I missing a plug in? I play with videos and "think" I have all the players and flash drives that most applications use.

Jan 2, 2012
I know I don't have her drop on here but when she throws it her arm circle looks faster and she throws it as hard or harder then her fastball. Is that because she never closes?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
(I think I've written this same post a 100 times...)

Softball pitching is about momentum transfer. Imagine that you have a brick on the dashboard of your car and you want it to go through you front windshield. Do you slam on the brakes or do you slowly stop the car?

Basically, pitching is about getting the pitcher's body moving on a nice, straight line toward the plate, and then stopping the body, allowing only the arm to move. The body's entire momentum is transferred to arm, generating a great deal of speed.

What your DD is doing is coming forward after release of the ball. That means that some of her momentum is not being transferred to the arm, causing her to lose arm speed.

Here is Cat Osterman. Pay close attention to her *LOWER BODY* as she releases the ball. Notice that her left leg never gets ahead of her right leg. She doesn't come forward after release.

[video=youtube_share;7LqYXr98HA8]http://youtu.be/7LqYXr98HA8[/video]

Your DD, on the other hand, continues to move forward after release. She is stumbling forward, so she is losing quite a bit of speed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp