DD hit in the face.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It happened so fast

That is what I always try to get people to understand. That no amount of training in fielding can prevent this.

What is a really scary thought are the little girls that stand out there at 35 feet and lob the ball across. They can't even catch what the catcher is throwing back to them.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
Glad your Dd is ok and her spirits are up. Hope she's feeling good and back on the field soon. Thankful it wasn't worse, appreciate you sharing the story.

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Glad she is ok too DG.

I understand the feeling...we have had drives back into legs, pitching elbow, lines drives by the head, line drives into glove. The one that got me the most (and she had a mask on) was on one...to the glove wrist. The noise was loud and the movement she did was hands to face as she went down to her knees....I thought the ball got her in the face. It was the most horrible feeling and it took forever for the play to be over.

Speedy recovery to her AND you!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Again thank you all.

Ok, advice time. We are looking at masks today online, the first step. The reviews I see on Rip It are good except about the chin pads. Most say they are cheaply made and constantly fall off or need adjusting during a game. I sure don't need any excuse for her to not like it or use it. Any comments? Recommendations?

Jun 18, 2010
The first chin pad we got with our rip-it constantly fell off. I contacted rip-it and they replaced the chin pad at no cost, and we haven't had any problems with the new chin pad. The new chin pad has a much more aggressive material that sticks better to the Velcro. I can take a picture if you want.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2011
My DD uses the Rip-It brand because it is the smallest and easiest to see out of. Plus they offer different colors which some girls like. As far as the chin pads, we had Rip-It replace our kit with a new set that attaches much better. We have since hot glued the pad to the mask and haven't had a problem since. My DD has been using one for so long that she feels "weird" not wearing one now.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The first chin pad we got with our rip-it constantly fell off. I contacted rip-it and they replaced the chin pad at no cost, and we haven't had any problems with the new chin pad. The new chin pad has a much more aggressive material that sticks better to the Velcro. I can take a picture if you want.

Yes a pic would be great. Is this something with the older versions of Rip it? Do the 2013 styles have the newer upgraded pad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mugs_dad