DD gets odd Exposer.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2009
You travel spend all this money to get your player in front of the right coach and it comes from a different source. I’ve always told my kids to practice, warm up and play as hard as you can, because you never know who is watching and what may impress them. The ump has a great view of the movement of the ball and sees many pitchers and to impress the ump IMO is saying something.

Another good reason not to argue with the ump, and show good sportsmanship.

Good luck to your daughter!!!!!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
It is crazy, all these years I've tried to put DD in the right places and right situations to "possibly" get a look. Then a simple HS tourney and an umpire does all the leg work. Haha, nuts.*

Yes, I've found a new appreciation for umps. Probably be at least a game or two before I argue with one again. :)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well, the table is set. The D1 coach talked to the HS coach this morning. She is coming Friday to watch DD pitch in the sub-state game. She seems very upfront and says she has been to Alabama this past week looking at another pitcher and a SS.*

So I guess its a good sign for us she still wants to look at DD. I'll let you all know as things develop.*

Once I get a better feel for the situation I'll let the cat out who the college is, I get superstitious about these things. :)*

Oct 19, 2009
Well, the table is set. The D1 coach talked to the HS coach this morning. She is coming Friday to watch DD pitch in the sub-state game. She seems very upfront and says she has been to Alabama this past week looking at another pitcher and a SS.*

So I guess its a good sign for us she still wants to look at DD. I'll let you all know as things develop.*

Once I get a better feel for the situation I'll let the cat out who the college is, I get superstitious about these things. :)*

GOINGDEEP, we are near the Chattanooga, TN area. If it does not work out for your daughter for this team there is a number of great exposure tournaments in the Atlanta, Birmingham, Savannah, North Carolina and Chattanooga area. Getting your DD in front of coaches helps tremendously.

My daughter usually gets one or two letters a month from coaches who saw her at the exposure tournaments. The Legacy Showcase is a good one, lot of coaches there. I saw Georgia, Alabama, Florida and many other at the last one and I mean head coaches. The other exposure tournaments also have a great number of coaches, it's just getting her in front of the right coach. :cool:

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Cyclone and Peppers.*

Regional do or die playoff game.

We had a nail biter last night. We have 3 pitchers on game rotations. Our starter last night gave up 7 runs in the first 2 innings. My DD came in the 3rd and didn't allow another run and the game went 10 innings.*

Ump had a tight zone and DD worked them just right, inducing pop ups and weak grounders. They are a hard hitting team, so I was on the edge of my seat once old lefty took the mound.*

Bolton is a good team, an earlier article stated they had 38 sign to college the past 10 years.*

Hope this link works, I'm doing this over the iPhone.*

Softball: Munford goes extra innings to edge Bolton » The Commercial Appeal

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Peppers, I sure do appreciate the info. DD wants to play college close to home. Our whole**family is close as far as distance is concerned and how we feel about each other. I know lots of kids want to get as far away from the nest as possible, but not her. So that makes college choices even harder.*

We have passed on some good offers from "super" travel teams due to the above paragraph. Really no need in spending all that time and money for the 8-9 out of state tourneys. *

She pretty much will be a mercenary for hire this summer. Playing for a few coaching friends we have more state localized. Just enough to hit the expo at MTSU, and a few college weekend camps.*

She is considering 3 options right now. In no order.*

1. The D1 coming to watch. Study in pharmacy.*

2. Local CC driving me nuts at every game. She is considering using the 2 years there to get the required hours to enter Dental school.*

3. Have a private D2 offer. The school is building a new stadium, haven't had a softball team since the late 80's. Study again in pharmacy.

I like #3, great academic school and the chance to be in that rebuild a sports program, once in a lifetime. Sounds special to me, but these will be HER choices. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.