DD gets odd Exposer.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well ladies and gentlemen I might be able to prove a point I've been pushing for some time on here.*

I've been sitting on this for a few weeks, got a D1 ( who I'll keep anonymous for now ) who has contacted our HS coach about DD. She was invited today to meet the college girls and staff after their game today. All seemed to go well, standard pitcher questions yada yada yada.*

Here is the kicker, we all speak of "you gotta go to exposers". Which may be the norm if you are in a bad section of country or going to be the next Cat.*

This is how we fell into this one. We were playing in that huge 52 team HS tournament in Murfreesboro. ( the one I posted about a month ago with teams from 11 states ) A umpire, yes a umpire, saw DD pitch and that night called the D1 coach and said you need to look at this girl. We just found out this info today, and didn't ask where this "umpire" fit in the equation.*

So the college is coming next week to watch DD pitch in the playoffs. She is so excited I think she almost pee'd her pants. :)

Parents and players, keep your head up, you never know who is watching you.*

We have had interest with D2 - CC's, this is our first D1............so it's pretty exciting to a kid who a year ago wasn't sure she'd ever pitch again after she tore her cuff.*

Aug 2, 2008
Tell her congratulations! Its just the start but thats pretty cool. And she did all this despite having a crazy dad :)

Is it a D1 we might see on tv?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Thanks Mike, yes I tried to keep my mouth shut today and not blow it for DD. I wanted to ask about valet parking and free season tickets. Maybe I can still work those in. If I heard correct they just renewed a contract with ESPN2. So yes.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I hope she is coming to U of AZ. They are in deep need of pitching.

I enjoyed your story. You are right, it doesn't normally happen that way, but I am glad it happened for her.

Oct 14, 2008
That's too far Amy, I'd go broke with gas prices as high as they are now.

Trust me you would find a way to get it done. 52 games so far over 14 thousand miles traveling and watching games. Its a once in a life time opportunity to see your kid in that scenario. I have missed 4 out of the 52. And would not have missed it for any thing. Good luck!!!

Tim

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Well ladies and gentlemen I might be able to prove a point I've been pushing for some time on here.*

I've been sitting on this for a few weeks, got a D1 ( who I'll keep anonymous for now ) who has contacted our HS coach about DD. She was invited today to meet the college girls and staff after their game today. All seemed to go well, standard pitcher questions yada yada yada.*

Here is the kicker, we all speak of "you gotta go to exposers". Which may be the norm if you are in a bad section of country or going to be the next Cat.*

This is how we fell into this one. We were playing in that huge 52 team HS tournament in Murfreesboro. ( the one I posted about a month ago with teams from 11 states ) A umpire, yes a umpire, saw DD pitch and that night called the D1 coach and said you need to look at this girl. We just found out this info today, and didn't ask where this "umpire" fit in the equation.*

So the college is coming next week to watch DD pitch in the playoffs. She is so excited I think she almost pee'd her pants. :)

Parents and players, keep your head up, you never know who is watching you.*

We have had interest with D2 - CC's, this is our first D1............so it's pretty exciting to a kid who a year ago wasn't sure she'd ever pitch again after she tore her cuff.*

Thats the thing that most parents don't know. Umpires talk. What do you want them to say about your dd or about her parents.

My dd had a great game for JV earlier this season, 19ks. Later that week, she wasn't pitching, she hits a double and the BU who was not at the other game comes up and asks her about her last game and how many Ks she had.

congrats to your dd and good luck on her continued success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red