DBSFA-(Drop-Barrel-Swing-Flat-Anonymous) a FFF thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
So we hit for a bit last night...

All of our tee work was done with my new wooden bat...focus was simple: keep the hands above the ball.

So going way back in this thread, when everyone seemed to be throwing the full arsenal of tips and suggestions at me, I believe FFS mentioned about too much rotation in the shoulders and he referenced a Doc Yeager video...

I'm posting this swing not so much because she keeps her hands high but her extension through the ball and lesser shoulder rotation has improved so much from the start of this IMO it's not even funny. I know the world is watchig her hands and barrel path but I think it's important to recognize all of the other stuff that has been fixed along the way.

2bd741.gif

Oh...and she literally hits line drives on 80% of what's pitched to her too...we didn't get 80% line drives off a tee 6 weeks ago...

Here is one of many balls squared up (I picked this one because I like the little pump movement she's added on her own - her cue of working the bat back and up as she moves to toe touch)

nqweo5.gif

I want to thank everyone for the positive PM's and emails...CP

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I'm excited for you both. You've worked your tails off and made some difficult changes in a very short time.

Great Job! Keep it going.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I'm excited for you both. You've worked your tails off and made some difficult changes in a very short time.

Great Job! Keep it going.

Thanks!

At the end of the day though...

We would not have made the progress we have made in such a short time without your guidance...

Can't thank you enough...CP

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
So we hit for a bit last night...

All of our tee work was done with my new wooden bat...focus was simple: keep the hands above the ball.

So going way back in this thread, when everyone seemed to be throwing the full arsenal of tips and suggestions at me, I believe FFS mentioned about too much rotation in the shoulders and he referenced a Doc Yeager video...

I'm posting this swing not so much because she keeps her hands high but her extension through the ball and lesser shoulder rotation has improved so much from the start of this IMO it's not even funny. I know the world is watchig her hands and barrel path but I think it's important to recognize all of the other stuff that has been fixed along the way.

2bd741.gif

Oh...and she literally hits line drives on 80% of what's pitched to her too...we didn't get 80% line drives off a tee 6 weeks ago...

Here is one of many balls squared up (I picked this one because I like the little pump movement she's added on her own - her cue of working the bat back and up as she moves to toe touch)

nqweo5.gif

I want to thank everyone for the positive PM's and emails...CP

I like the live pitch overlap, just "rock the u" a bit more

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York

Thanks!

Overlap did not exist a few weeks ago...another thing that many observers of this thread overlook...CP

And to the over the top parents out there...no yelling...

I've raised my voice to her 3x's during this...ONLY to encourage her when she would get down a bit over the same repeated "not-so-good-pattern"

Keep it positive!

CP

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2015

You can swing absolutely perfect but there needs to be a strength and athletic factor involved. The pattern is OK but in every video I've seen with this swing is it lacks strength and athleticism. This swing is in desperate need of exactly that. This swing could be perfect and it wouldn't make a difference. Somehow this is often not factored in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid