DBSFA-(Drop-Barrel-Swing-Flat-Anonymous) a FFF thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
358nk2o.gif

I like how the carpet mat slides forward as she makes contact. :cool:

NiCE Catch! swinging INTO the front side. Yes i see the little things, keeping it real though.

edit This sliding carpet thing might turn into big ideas

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So we hit for a bit last night...

All of our tee work was done with my new wooden bat...focus was simple: keep the hands above the ball.

So going way back in this thread, when everyone seemed to be throwing the full arsenal of tips and suggestions at me, I believe FFS mentioned about too much rotation in the shoulders and he referenced a Doc Yeager video...

I'm posting this swing not so much because she keeps her hands high but her extension through the ball and lesser shoulder rotation has improved so much from the start of this IMO it's not even funny. I know the world is watchig her hands and barrel path but I think it's important to recognize all of the other stuff that has been fixed along the way.

2bd741.gif

Oh...and she literally hits line drives on 80% of what's pitched to her too...we didn't get 80% line drives off a tee 6 weeks ago...

Here is one of many balls squared up (I picked this one because I like the little pump movement she's added on her own - her cue of working the bat back and up as she moves to toe touch)

nqweo5.gif

I want to thank everyone for the positive PM's and emails...CP

What is the length/weight of the wooden bat here? What is the length/weight of her normal bat?

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
DD got a new LS M9 110 for an early X-mas present and it has become her, and her team's favorite. The team got to spend a couple hours with a retired MLBer and he really liked that she was using it.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
i am now beginning to visualize some benefits of a heavy wood bat in teaching a good swing.
Time to get them out to try it before i teach it.

That was a good tip. (npi)

ok, it was

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Side track to the OP but fitting for this portion of the post.
I have a 29-4 wood bat. Is it too short if she is now using a 31-21 bat? The 29 weighs 25 and the game bat weighs 23.5 oz. I'm hoping to be able to use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff