Dante Bichette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Unfortunately some people believe statistics indicate certainty. They do not... They indicate probability. Very few things in life are truly 100% probable. There are nearly always exceptions. You notice I included "nearly" because there are exceptions to that as well.
100% true..unfortunately there are also people who do not believe in statistics at all like those people who are afraid of flying in an airplane but have no problem texting while driving :LOL:

May 12, 2016
Unfortunately some people believe statistics indicate certainty. They do not... They indicate probability. Very few things in life are truly 100% probable. There are nearly always exceptions. You notice I included "nearly" because there are exceptions to that as well.
For example, 99.99% of pop flies are caught in MLB, last night was the 0.01% exception when Derek Fisher crapped the bed

gif (9).gif

.... then again, the probability of missing a pop fly does increase with Fisher, get this kid a mask

gif (10).gif

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
For example, 99.99% of pop flies are caught in MLB, last night was the 0.01% exception when Derek Fisher crapped the bed

View attachment 19273

.... then again, the probability of missing a pop fly does increase with Fisher, get this kid a mask

View attachment 19275

🤷‍♂️
Ok so based upon that should the "average" behavior of a player on 2nd base (with less than 2 outs) in that situation be to go back and tag or just takeoff when it is hit.. ;)

May 12, 2016
Ok so based upon that should the "average" behavior of a player on 2nd base (with less than 2 outs) in that situation be to go back and tag or just takeoff when it is hit.. ;)
Well even with Fisher being the exception he still makes that play 98% of the time, so if you want to take your chance and start your runner based on 2%.. go for it LOL..

IMO, equally as embarrassing is the fact that the Yankees player only got to 1st base on that popup to the warning track...apparently he wasn't aware of the exception

Jun 8, 2016
Well even with Fisher being the exception he still makes that play 98% of the time, so if you want to take your chance and start your runner based on 2%.. go for it LOL..
I was trying to make a point..but ok ;)
IMO, equally as embarrassing is the fact that the Yankees player only got to 1st base on that popup to the warning track...apparently he wasn't aware of the exception
Not surprising unfortunately..

May 12, 2016
You guys must take lessons from my wife in ignoring my rational (e.g. on this board mathematical/statistical) arguments and somehow still "winning" the argument.
First thing your wife would probably say is "I'm not arguing".. which is what I'm going with as well. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying