Daily lol

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2015
I threw 2 pitches in the day. My spinner and a knuckleball. I tried Rise and drop spin, but it just spun and didnt move.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
S
My 12U DD currently has three pitches. Drop (that doesn't really drop), Change (that isn't much different from the drop that doesn't drop), and the "What the hell was that?".

My friend's 12U DD has, according to him, seven pitches. Remarkably, they all look like my DD's third pitch. Go figure.
My DD was exactly like that last year. This year her Drop ball actully drops most of the time, there is an actual difference in th speed of her change up and the rise ball is the one that looks like a change up thrown over the catchers head.

Nov 16, 2015
I catch a lot of high school school level girl pitchers. This 6 pitch stuff is ridiculous. I ask them what's next and they throw me the screwball. It doesnt do much.

lose the 6 pitches. Learn to adjust speed and spins within your pitches. If you typically throw your fastball at 52, learn how to throw it at 48.

I like the men's game approach. Up, down, change and you work off of it. Hit your spots, change your speeds, and the speed of your spins. You can adjust the dip of a dropball and lift of a rise ball.

My DD "fastball" naturally dives down and away to righties. She is now working on a 2 seamer that goes down and in to righties (long way to go). We have been working on release point to control the level of drop to it. Has a great changeup. I told her we need more work on location and will add a rise ball later.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 has two she can use in tournaments: a peel drop fastball and a change-up.
She is working on her curve. She thought it would be ready for tournaments last year. Now she hopes it will be ready this year.
Her PC taught her a rise, since he says her natural movement seems to be like a riseballer. However, he made her promise she wouldn't ever try the rise in a game until HS (she is 8th grade now). Based on some comments I've seen here, I agree with the forced delay.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'm hoping for my 12U to have 4 someday: drop, rise, curve, change.

The first pitch my DD learned was a fastball, so I am always curious what happens when a pitcher has multiple pitches and one of them is NOT a fastball. Did she never learn how to throw a fastball? Did she forget how to throw one? Does she just choose never to throw it, or did she renamed it something else so people will not think she is lame?

Apr 12, 2015
The first pitch my DD learned was a fastball, so I am always curious what happens when a pitcher has multiple pitches and one of them is NOT a fastball. Did she never learn how to throw a fastball? Did she forget how to throw one? Does she just choose never to throw it, or did she renamed it something else so people will not think she is lame?

Speaking for myself, I never taught my DD a fastball. I taught her a drop that she uses as her fastball.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD has 2 pitches.

Kinda d of sad but she either hits the batter or not.

1 player took an out instead of batting, I was embarrassed DD didn't care.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00