D-1 Speeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
You guys must live in areas of the country where there simply aren't good 13 year old pitchers. Around here, every dad says his dd throws 65 consistently. I talked to one pitcher that might be pitching at my HS and she throw 5 pitches for strikes and has 2 more she can throw.

I recently had a mom insist that her dd threw 92 mph.

Mar 18, 2013
MN
DD had the pleasure of attending a clinic with Monica Abbott a couple weeks ago. At the Q & A my dd asked how old she was when she saw her greatest jump in speed in her career. Monica's response was during college while training for the Olympics, she jumped into the 70's. She said she was pitching low to mid 60's as a senior in HS. It shows that with hard work and lots of practice, you can achieve more speed even after growing and growth spurts are done.

Jan 20, 2010
I would love to play a 65mph fastball pitcher. Imagine how fast the ball would get over the fence. Changing speeds, location, and spin are key not always how fast. Fast is nice though.....Now you got a Changeup to go with that 65 MPH fastball with a few other off speed that you can change the eye level of a batter at 13-14 I want to see that.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I recently had a mom insist that her dd threw 92 mph.

This disease goes around like the flu. Had a mom at a clinic talking about how her DD throws 90. Now her DD did bring it and was one of the faster girls my DD caught but by my calibrated eyes I would say 58-60mph. She was no faster than the #1 on my DD's team who throws the same speed. I asked her if she meant that it translate to 90mph from 60 feet like baseball and I got the offended face like I just said her kid sucked. I need to use Bless Your Heart more :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1