Critique DD’s swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif

Do you teach TTB mechanics? I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that there is to much adduction, slotting of the back elbow.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
There is some slack in the swing because she isn't TTB immediately with the hands. The hands are along for the ride as the elbow slots and rotation begins. That is why at contact the hands are not active in driving through the ball. Because the hands are dead or just along for the ride.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
There is some slack in the swing because she isn't TTB immediately with the hands. The hands are along for the ride as the elbow slots and rotation begins. That is why at contact the hands are not active in driving through the ball. Because the hands are dead or just along for the ride.

I agree. Now, how do we correct it?

May 3, 2014
Another helpful item would be to make sure all the slack is removed from her back. And I mean all the slack. And one more thing is to get the lead forearm more involved at launch to instantly pronate (turn thumb down). But, I like the cue of turn the knob or pinky finger up as violently as you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1