Critique DD’s swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
Have a 'Kentucky stretch' going on in the front leg there......
hA7B0C168

;) :D:D LOL!

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
Why would you tell a kid that's out front to work out front T drills?

Just curious

IME an out-front tee focusing on driving middle can help a kid keep there front shoulder in longer which will help them stay through the ball longer. (not pulling off the ball and/or rolling over) Just my $.02.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
giphy.gif

Didn't know this was your DD. I also don't want to unfairly compare her to Manny. Look at how he raises his rear elbow but still manages to turn the barrel by using his hands.
tumblr_pbts2jU4uS1usf292o1_400.gif

Also pay attention to how his rear side 'opens' the front side.

If you notice with dd, she “loses” her grip on the bat with her elbow lift. (Not so much in this clip but in others) We’ve been working on maintaining the grip in hopes that she turns the barrel forward then backward. Tip and rip style.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Funny story on turn the box. The day she hit her first otf hr, we watched a video of a batter demoing turning the box. Then, that night she hit one out and in the video angle, you could see a perfect turning the box. It put a smile on her face.

Now to do it consistently, And on mid to low pitches...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Turn the box is horizontal/flat. Turn the triangle is vertical/diagonal.

I explained turning the box to a guy named Tim many years ago. It was a comparison between an elite swing and his son. His son having issues with bat drag and initiation geometries.

We would explain it differently today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs