crankermo's DD going deep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It is quite possible that Brooke turns under on this pitch because she was early and bought herself time by making that move
So does Pujols 'turn under' the pitched ball. Seems Pujols hit the pitched ball 'deeper than Brooke. Can you put the same yellow lines on pujols swing?
Checked on Quick time. 33 frame/clicks.
Different hitter...same look to me.
345mnph.jpg

ZRQSbO.gif

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
So does Pujols 'turn under' the pitched ball. Seems Pujols hit the pitched ball 'deeper than Brooke. Can you put the same yellow lines on pujols swing?

Just compare the 2 - AP's hands move up as the barrel un tips as his lower body starts to open keeping the barrel in tight

and Brookes hands stay in place (actually get pulled down) as the lower body pulls towards the pitcher - this pull opens the rear wrist early.

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Different hitter...same look to me.
345mnph.jpg

ZRQSbO.gif

I am sure it does. It's more of a feel thing. Can you feel Brooke's rear wrist open/rotate earlier than Tyson? Or Pujols? Or Longoria? Where is that pull open feeling coming from? Is it from trying to turn the barrel instead of trying to keep the barrel loaded? Is it from the lower body opening against no resistance? Is it from no resistance of the barrel? Is it from all of the above?

Feb 14, 2010
Thanks Butter for your thoughts. Nothing wrong with dialogue. As I stated before Brooke said she way way early on this pitch so she made an adjustment. Butter knows my thoughts and I respect him for putting his thoughts out there.

IMO Brookes hand path could've been better in this clip and that's what we are working the most. I want a more efficient hand path, in other words a shorter and quicker swing without losing the HPP. In this clip her hands got left behind a little but that's also due to her being early and also losing her ground leverage.

I'm pleased with where she's at currently but I also know there are things I want to improve on. Keep up the discussion because good things come out of it

May 3, 2014
Foot slips - coil gone - was there correct resistance in the first place is one of the things worth investigating.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA