crankermo's DD going deep

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
crankermo's DD went deep twice yesterday, I captured the second time on video (posted with his permission).

br1_zpsvapsrhp1.gif

Jun 18, 2010
For you guys south, and out west, that is astroturf.

As·tro·Turf
ˈastrōˌtərf/
noun
trademark
noun: AstroTurf; noun: Astro-Turf

an artificial grass surface, used for athletic fields.

Some of us live in locations where we have to play inside during the winter months.

Jun 18, 2010
Holy cow - how close were you? Way to take advantage of the missed location - look where the catcher's glove sets up.

Do you see how close the net is in the background? I was so close I could have reached out and touched her. I was praying a foul ball didn't come back hard into the net, it would have destroyed my camera, and fingers.

Feb 14, 2010
Just some background on this particular swing. Brooke said she was way early but made a good adjustment I guess. After watching the video you can see her back foot slipped out from under her so she lost her coil. She broke her thumb 8wk ago and this was her first time back facing live pitching. Thanks for posting Knights

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Just some background on this particular swing. Brooke said she was way early but made a good adjustment I guess. After watching the video you can see her back foot slipped out from under her so she lost her coil. She broke her thumb 8wk ago and this was her first time back facing live pitching. Thanks for posting Knights

br1_zpsvapsrhp1.gif

Funny you say that I've read way long threads on hitters 'back foot slipping'(Pujols) on BBD.

ItsJustAGameCoach!

Softball Sponge
Dec 7, 2014
Surprise Arizona
For you guys south, and out west, that is astroturf.

Some of us live in locations where we have to play inside during the winter months.

This summer was my first summer back in Arizona since I was in my early 20's in the Marine Corps. I wish we had indoor fields to use in the summer. I'm not as tough as I was back then and thought I was gonna die every time we did anything outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying