COVID-19 and Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2014
I attended an NHL game last night. The lines at stinks to wash hands were longer than the lines for the potties.
People are aware and reacting.

Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
A school district in the next County over did close 5 schools yesterday as a precaution; my County now has 2 probable cases. Not overly worried as I am a healthcare provider and worked in an ER when Anthrax was the big scare and there was discussion that my hospital was to be one designated to accept smallpox cases should there have been an outbreak right after 9/11. We all lived through H1N1 in 2009. However, I’ve never seen this type of response from the CDC, other countries, or local places of employment.

Not trying to cause concern, was just posting an honest question.

I agree. I have never seen this type of response from CDC for a common cold virus which leads me to believe there is something else out there. Bioterrorism is how the next war will be fought, no guns or missiles needed. Putting the world on high alert seems odd unless its to further desensitize everyone to future warfare

Jun 8, 2016
I agree. I have never seen this type of response from CDC for a common cold virus which leads me to believe there is something else out there. Bioterrorism is how the next war will be fought, no guns or missiles needed. Putting the world on high alert seems odd unless its to further desensitize everyone to future warfare
🤔

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What i noticed
The news media reacted broadcasting stories....
With NO cdc or medical people with guidance.
Weeks of...
This story here. This story there.
Showed pictures of another country cleaning things.
In full body suits like in the remake of the movie 'The Blob'.
Then the cruise ship stories.
( which cruise ship stories have been happening every year. Like the poop cruise about 10'ish years ago. And seems something every year since )
News media talked about this for weeks befor the cdc reacted here in U.S.
Once the cdc decided to say something ...things got intensified ( of course)

Seems U.S. let the media be the media...
If the cdc had a conscious knowledge of more concerning doom...
Proactive measures were late by there response time talking about it or offering cdc formal wash hands.
Because they were not side by side with the news media exposure stories from the beginning.

Not saying this as a firm answer at all....just saying...
Reacting now is different than stepping up months ago posibly saying we have test kits becoming available. Especially when this became a bigger situation in another country.
Btw a country that its residents ( not all) have been wearing masks in public for decades. ( which posibly for many in U.S. was startling to see..but already normal there)

Here in calif. It was more alarming to hear of hepatitis outbreak do to vagrants pooping on the streets.
S.D. L.A. San Francisco.
Also to hear people i know like police and street maintenace crews saying they dont wear their works shows in the house.
* But do you hear that on the news? Did the cdc offer some public assistance message to the community about
Contagious shoe's. Nope.

Some schools closed?
What other guidance has your cities offered for your families?
.....what can your families/kids do or not?

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Here in calif. It was more alarming to hear of hepatitis outbreak do to vagrants pooping on the streets.
Also to hear people i know like police and street maintenace crews saying they dont wear their works shows in the house.
* But do you hear that on the news? Did the cdc offer some public assistance messgae to the community about
Contagious shoe's. Nope.

Philly area had a similar outbreak not long ago. Big difference is Hepatitis A is spread through the fecal-oral route and there is a vaccine for it, as well as post-exposure treatment. I also don’t believe the mortality rate for Hepatitis A is as high. It is also not a novel disease. It’s been around for a long time.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its interesting...
Now vice president & leading Dr's saying after news conferences
"The risk is low"
Yet things are being cancelled.
So?

Agree about the
Its new and scary factor affecting situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish