Corner vs no Corner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Hmmm ... sounds somewhat similar to this here .....

rear-rhomboidx.gif
rear-lat.gif

Squeeze-Rhomboid-Lat.gif

Yup..get a good lawyer and sue him...;)

Nov 18, 2015
So what is the actual corner?

I assume it's formed by the body, but which parts form the corner?

The 'corner' is a term I've had trouble with since finding DFP (and BBF). Yet another term everyone uses slightly differently.

Based only on yesterday's video, the corner was the point in space (not a body part) where 2 lines intersect. Line 1 formed by your feet/toes (usually straight back to pitcher), Line 2 (going off memory - may need correction on the following) is the path the bat would take without the rear leg snap (w/o the torso rotating). Where they cross is a reference point of sorts for determining whether or not the player is getting "on plane" early enough in the swing.

Well, as you can see, maybe I still don't quite have it straight in my own head yet either!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
More of a scrunch than a stretch. Do you find hitters with low rear elbow have more difficulty making orange? And high rear elbow hitters more naturally make orange?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
More of a scrunch than a stretch. Do you find hitters with low rear elbow have more difficulty making orange? And high rear elbow hitters more naturally make orange?

Scrunch, muscle contraction, making orange ... result in what was referred to as a 'stretch' in the rear lower back.

By low elbow, I assume you mean that the arrival towards a leveraged swing launch orientation failed to have the distance between the rear arm pit and rear hip elongated ... also referred to as "slack removal" ... in which case the making of orange will be less powerful.

The torso, in a sense, swings. It is not purely 'horizontal', and any fixation to make it be purely horizontal will negatively impact one's swing development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi