Constructive comments please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
fohmvc.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
fohmvc.gif

Not being able to see Youtube(blocked at work). From the gif I see a 'push' in the swing.
are you saying extend more?
I see plenty of 'extension'.

I would say look upstream of the swing.
See the 'turning of the barrel' whipping the bat into and through the ball.
Miggy_highside.gif

Cabrera_hands_side.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Look what I found and I hope it helps?
mw64jb.gif

k14c3c.gif

6s8g9f.gif

eajf9e.gif

Some hitters may make a consciences effort to extend the arms after contact.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
sportinus,

That is pretty good contact adjusting to a live pitch. What was the outcome.

The videos posted on this thread are ideal when it comes to turning the barrel and should be studied and applied. This would allow you to adjust and swing a little later and have more bat speed BUT for live action the kid in the video hits it pretty clean.

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
it was a line drive to right center about 190 feet on the fly she legged out a triple. She has hit 4 over the fence homers so far this season 215 foot fence. It is my DD. I just feel we can tighten the swing up and get a little more out of it. I am not that good and diagnosing what to tweak. 33 drop 10 cf6

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Here is a thought. Your DD does something my 13U does (mine is pretty effective as well but kind of pulls the bat through the zone). Look at you DD's back elbow. It is down the whole time. Compare it to most hitters on the Model Swing thread. Theirs is slightly to obviously up. I think this elbow dropping helps create early barrel movement and bat speed. Just a thought - compare.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors