Compromising your swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Hitter, it is you that claims that the MLB professional hitters “are not getting it or the averages would be higher!”. That is not my claim.

It appears that you don’t have an answer as to what you believe the MLB professional hitters “don’t get”.

As an FYI, Don Slaught was the Detroit Tiger’s hitting coach in 2006.

In 2005 the Tiger’s team BA was 0.272.

In 2006 the Tiger’s team BA was 0.274.

You fail to see hitting as a process and what improvements could be made to improve the process to get the averages at .300.

So what is your process?

I've really failed to see where you can explain something that would be considered as value added however that is just my opinion.

I am satisfied with the process we use and the results.

I just figured with your knowledge you would have been able to figure out how to raise the averages since you understand the MLB elite swing pattern.

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
the main justification that I have seen howard use for his process is that "it works for him". even when faced with info that FFS has pointed out that such as the use of drills with positions that are never actually seen in live swings.

that may be fine, but i think howard should attempt to justify that with something other than "it works for me".

In the absence of some other justification the risk is that what howard thinks is important about his process biases the way he chooses to measure things and leads to a false conclusion about what is or is not effective.

the question is whether others get the same results doing what howard does based on his explanation and their understanding of what exactly it is that works.

has howard measured that ?

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
the main justification that I have seen howard use for his process is that "it works for him". even when faced with info that FFS has pointed out that such as the use of drills with positions that are never actually seen in live swings.

that may be fine, but i think howard should attempt to justify that with something other than "it works for me".

In the absence of some other justification the risk is that what howard thinks is important about his process biases the way he chooses to measure things and leads to a false conclusion about what is or is not effective.

the question is whether others get the same results doing what howard does based on his explanation and their understanding of what exactly it is that works.

has howard measured that ?

Yes we have and you guys are more fun to screw with than new born puppies!

Jul 28, 2008
Howard here ya go!

prhc5.jpg

Lil'E VIP

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
Howard here ya go!

prhc5.jpg

Lil'E VIP

Thanks Erik! Should I pull the wings off of flies or tease the puppies?

It works for me....well it does and the kids, coaches and parents feel it does also, so it makes little difference to what or how you view it!

I need to take my 80 plus kids in college and tell them it does not work because you guys said it will not work.

Lets go find a fly....

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Tom ... IMO Hitter is attempting to justify why certain portions of his teachings are in conflict with the MLB pattern (as well as in conflict with FP game swings). Personally I feel this is a mistake and would prefer to see energies directed towards better understanding and teaching the efficiencies of the HLBB pattern. To each their own I suppose.

The Hanson Principle (… the one to use)

“Always compare what anybody tells you about the swing to slow motion clips of the best hitters in the world”.
-- Mark Hanson

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
"it works for you" does not sound like the typical engineering standard.

the risk is that it only works for you, so people remain dependent on you because what actually works is not identified, preventing transfer of methods.

you may be "screwing around" with more people than you think.

but hey, it works form you.

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009

Erik thanks again as I got another laugh!

Evolve with us!

I like the assumption that is made verses reality.

Truly an amazing process....ENT verses MLB and that rhymes!

"you may be "screwing around" with more people than you think." Should I consider this as a threat?

If it did not work why do they keep coming back and why do the college coaches recruit them?

How many do you you have Tom? Just curious since you are an expert on the MLB elite swing pattern?

I understand Tiger needs some help and you seem to know a lot about golf, so maybe this could be an opportunity if the MLB thing does not work out.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
Erik thanks again as I got another laugh!

Evolve with us!

Howard,

I have been asking for a clip of Tom swinging a bat and he won't come through don't let him sweat you. Tom it's time to see your swing step up bases are loaded and it's the bottom of the 9th tied score. I will send you a free Instructo Swing 5000 if your swing passes the test!

2lnwo5.gif
Lil'E VIP
2wckyev.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse