college world series

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Should be a great series and I like the SEC's chances of winning the championship!!!!

Yeah well you know my Gophers ALMOST beat Florida this year and probably would have beat Alabama if they had played!

Sep 18, 2011
I love watching good pitching and defense. THAT was impressive. Hope to see Bama win tomorrow so that we get a game three.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Sorry Y'all....gotta go with Bama on this one. I still think that J-train will overcome most anybody at the plate and with a very strong defense behind her will win it all.

Had to work and missed the first part of the game. Did not get to see Jtrain dominate. :)

Jan 25, 2011
Had to work and missed the first part of the game. Did not get to see Jtrain dominate. :)

She became a one dimensional pitcher in this game. Not hard to guess she was going to pitch outside to the gators. The home run she gave up made her ineffective, the rest of the game. The gators adjusted to her and never looked back.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
She became a one dimensional pitcher in this game. Not hard to guess she was going to pitch outside to the gators. The home run she gave up made her ineffective, the rest of the game. The gators adjusted to her and never looked back.

Gators have seen her a few times this year, so there are no surprises. I'm pulling for the Gators to win again tonight. Even though coach Walton does wear a plastic hat.

Mar 26, 2013
I love watching good pitching and defense. THAT was impressive.
Florida's defense is very impressive - they make plays so smoothly they seem easier than they are. My favorite was the groundball Rogers ran down and flipped to 1B with her glove - it looked like a routine play for her.

Bama's defense is suspect. 3B isn't very mobile and I expect Florida will exploit her. Hunt has looked very shaky at 2B with 3 misplays while covering bases that were charged as throwing errors. First 2 were against OK - she overran 2B badly while waiting for a throw and a few plays later didn't set up to provide a throwing lane for F3. Last night, her poor footwork while covering 1B resulted in not being able to get to a catchable throw.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My favorite was the groundball Rogers ran down and flipped to 1B with her glove - it looked like a routine play for her.

To your point it was routine, the Gators play just like they practice. Got to see a practice in Gainesville in the fall and it was amazing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC