Confusing Situation With Senior Daughter Not Getting Playing Time On HS Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I wonder if Cannonball can really understand the mindset of parents who have to deal with bad HS softball programs, and there are plenty of them out there.

This is NOT meant as an insult, Cannonball. I am sure you are a great coach, and I am sure you have to deal with some whiny parents who can't understand what you are doing.

But, what about the teams where family connections and TB connections are often more important than the player's skill?

That is why my DD 3 quit HS softball. The politics all went against her, and all the work she put into softball didn't matter.

Bob, that is why I said that I need to stay out of these types of threads. I have coached HS for 31 years and have been the HC in 4 sports. I have coached TB as well for a very long time. I understand what is out there. Still, I need to exercise restraint and let people vent. As I have mentioned, I have had 3 parents seriously dislike me so, for them, I was a terrible coach. Thank goodness they were spread out. Three parents out of the 4 sports isn't too bad I guess. LOL

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
At least part of the problem in high school ball is that there are ALWAYS people who are above the head coach (athletic director, principal, district administrators, even school board). I think this gives rise to parents being more brazen than is generally the case in TB. Around here the head coach of TB teams is the top person. Now I've pointed out in the past that with HS ball the player has no choice in who they play for. However, in HS ball parents have several superiors above the coach to complain to, which would make being a HS coach hell at times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles