College players to watch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
It has been fun to watch games on ESPNU and other networks. Which player has impressed you the most this season? I watched a UNC game the other night and the Tar Heels have a freshman shortstop, Kristen Brown, who is a bona fide superstar. She lead off the game with a homer, smoked a double in her only other AB, and showed off a cannon for an arm on a couple of occasions. If you get a chance to watch a UNC game, keep an eye out for her.

So who else? Who has been your favorite player to watch this year?

Oct 24, 2012
LaGrange, Ohio
Sierra Romero from University of Michigan very quick hands
Freshman (2013) ...Big Ten Player of the Week (March 25) ... Four-time Big Ten Freshman of the Week (Feb. 11, March 4, March 25, April 1) ... Regular Season ... Hit a pair of home runs and knocked in four runs against Penn State (March 30) ... Collected three hits and two RBI vs. Purdue (March 23) ... Knocked in five runs during a 3-for-3 day with two home runs against Purdue (March 22) ... Hit a home run and collected two RBI vs. Arizona (March 15) ... Blasted two solo home runs against Washington (March 14) ... Had two hits and two RBI vs. UCF (March 6) ... Collected three hits, including a home run, two RBI and scored twice vs. James Madison (March 2) ... Had three hits, including a double, vs. LSU (March 2) ... Went 2-for-4 with two RBI vs. Georgia Tech (March 1) ... Had a double and one RBI vs. UC Davis (Feb. 23) ... Hit a two-run home run vs. Illinois State (Feb. 23) ... Hit a triple and scored a run at Florida Atlantic (Feb. 17) ... Went 2-for-3 with two runs scored vs. Massachusetts (Feb. 17) ... Hit a triple, knocked in a run and scored two runs vs. Maryland (Feb. 16) ... Hit a home run and collected two RBI vs. USF (Feb.9) ... hit first collegiate home run - a grand slam - vs. Florida Atlantic (Feb. 9) ... made collegiate debut against Marshall (Feb. 8) going 1-4 with a double and two RBI.

Cammi Prantl The Ohio State University, is another Freshman making quite an impact in the Big Ten

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I guess I'm set in my ways. The DI players that I look for on TV are:

Jackie Traina: Alabama pitcher that just has it all, I love watching her pitch and MAN CAN SHE HIT THE BALL!

Renfro sisters: Tennessee pitchers that make a great team

Hannah Rogers: Gator pitcher who I didn't like last year - after she got caught hitting a batter intentionally.

Jessica Moore: Ducks pitcher who stomped DD's HS team for the 4 years preceding her. She is another great DI pitcher who can HIT THE BALL!

Cheridan Hawkins: Ducks Pitcher who DD pitched against DD in the last 2 HS Section Championship games. DD's team lost by 2 runs both years - 2011 and 2012.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06