College In Season Training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
As an instructor I often lose contact with my students once they leave and head off to college. And even for the ones who come back for some work I never really talk to them about how they train during the season. Does anyone have any information about what pitchers do for training during their college season?

Oct 26, 2019
When yoy
As an instructor I often lose contact with my students once they leave and head off to college. And even for the ones who come back for some work I never really talk to them about how they train during the season. Does anyone have any information about what pitchers do for training during their college season?
When you say “training” what do you mean? Weight training & conditioning or pitching specific training?

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
When yoy

When you say “training” what do you mean? Weight training & conditioning or pitching specific training?
All of it. When pitchers are throwing 3-4 games a week what else are they doing physically, between games. For instance I assume that the day after a game would be some sort of rest day but maybe not, since teams often have back to back doubleheaders.

Oct 26, 2019
I just saw the other thread on this topic, it answers most of my questions. I am somewhat surprised at the intensity of it all.
It’s definitely a lot. I had a former player of mine play for UVA (was on the national championship team and started the world series opener against Vandy). When I would go watch him pitch I would have to wait around until about an hour or so after the Friday night game to see/talk to him because the pitchers would lift right after the game.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
It’s definitely a lot. I had a former player of mine play for UVA (was on the national championship team and started the world series opener against Vandy). When I would go watch him pitch I would have to wait around until about an hour or so after the Friday night game to see/talk to him because the pitchers would lift right after the game.
I am pretty sure this would be a well managed, control lifting session that would stimulate blood flow. Baseball in general is probably ahead of softball when it comes to training logistics.

Oct 26, 2019
I am pretty sure this would be a well managed, control lifting session that would stimulate blood flow. Baseball in general is probably ahead of softball when it comes to training logistics.
I believe that was when they lifted heavy so that they had as much recovery time before the next pitching outing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06