Cold Weather Bat Advice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
I thought I had read somewhere that bat warmers weren't legal in some of the associations. Is that true?
Not legal in any I do believe. But like I said we use the composite bats all the time in cold weather and yes they hit the ball hard and the pitches are fast. I myself don't care if a bat breaks, they make new ones everyday and always have a spare ready to go.:cool:

Dec 7, 2011
I thought I had read somewhere that bat warmers weren't legal in some of the associations. Is that true?

What I read, back 2 years ago when I got it, is that "active" bat warmers are illegal but these "passive" ones are A-OK.

My DD has been using it on the NSA/ASA/USSSA circuits with no issue - unless we just haven't been caught yet....?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Pyroflite is one of USSSA's biggest sponsors. The sheet we carry with ours(just in case) says that it is ASA legal too.

Jan 25, 2011
I know in my state of Pa. in HS the bat warmers are illegal and ASA changed their rules to no bat warmers too.

Dec 7, 2011
Anyone wanna buy a used Pyroflite?.......

And yet this softball world allows crow-hopping pitchers...... Argh!!!!

Jun 21, 2010
Back to the OP's question. I'd not use the Xeno and find another bat similar length/weight/drop for cage work. That's what I did. DD got another Xeno because the first one broke ( warm weather ). Found a CF4 similar length/weight/drop for a good price and she uses that for cage work. A lot of girls that go to the same hitting coach my DD goes to use their game day composite and there bats are still going strong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd