Cage/Cold weather bat for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD swings a 2015 LS Xeno 33/24 and absolutely loves it. But she needs a bat to hit against pitching machine balls and when the weather is extremely cold. We are looking for suggestions for a bat with a similar swing that will hold up. She has a LS 1/2 & 1/2 bat 32/22 in her bag (too end loaded) and a used 1/2 & 1/2 Demarini 34/25 ("dead inside"). We are fine with a used bat.

Any suggestions?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Anderson Rocketech is the one I have heard of a lot. I got my hands on one x-mas and it will feel a lot different than the Xeno but I think you might have a hard time finding a cold weather bat like the Xeno. Be careful with the size, it is a beast of a bat.

Nov 30, 2013
I purchased a 33/24 2014 Anderson Rocketech in Nov.for DD to use in colder weather.We haven't used it yet as there is a foot of snow on the ground,but will be using it in the gym beginning next week.DD says it isn't much heavier than her 33/23 Mako.She also swings 2013 & 2014 33/24 Easton FX2s which are end loaded.She says the Rocketech and the FX2s feel equal in terms of weight.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Anderson Rocketech is the one I have heard of a lot. I got my hands on one x-mas and it will feel a lot different than the Xeno but I think you might have a hard time finding a cold weather bat like the Xeno. Be careful with the size, it is a beast of a bat.

She has a LS H2 hybrid (1/2 & 1/2) that would serve the purpose but it swings endloaded and she would really like a bat that is at least balanced like the Xeno. My experience with the Rocketech is that it also swings endloaded...

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD swings a 2015 LS Xeno 33/24 and absolutely loves it. But she needs a bat to hit against pitching machine balls and when the weather is extremely cold. We are looking for suggestions for a bat with a similar swing that will hold up. She has a LS 1/2 & 1/2 bat 32/22 in her bag (too end loaded) and a used 1/2 & 1/2 Demarini 34/25 ("dead inside"). We are fine with a used bat.

Any suggestions?

I would suggest looking for an old Easton Stealth. These things are built like tanks and you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for them unless you want one of the "Hot" models. If your interested, here's a link to a used Stealth bat site. Stealth Bats On Sale - Great Deals Of Easton Stealth Baseball & Softball Bats

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I just looked at local colleges that play in cold weather: I see a variety, like Worth Sick, etc. I am not sure the reps they do in the cold weather, but next time I talk to the local college coach, I will ask if they segment bats by practice versus game or cold versus hot.

I would appreciate it. I am afraid that they just play with their regular bats though - they have a way bigger bucket of money to purchase bats than I do!!!

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I just looked at local colleges that play in cold weather: I see a variety, like Worth Sick, etc. I am not sure the reps they do in the cold weather, but next time I talk to the local college coach, I will ask if they segment bats by practice versus game or cold versus hot.

I would appreciate it. I am afraid that they just play with their regular bats though - they have a way bigger bucket of money to purchase bats than I do!!!

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Cheapbats.com still has some Anderson Nanoteks for $89.95.

Thats what we did this winter.
Nice balanced bat for hitting dimpled cage balls.

Whenever DD switches back to her trusty Easton FS2, she likes it better, though.

For comparisons, the anderson swings a bit lighter than the easton. FYI...

May 8, 2013
I was wondering the same thing myself. We recently bought our DD a new DeMarini CF6 that will be her game bat this season, but I also wanted to get her something similar in feel to use for cages and in the cold. At this point, I was considering the Nanotek - but like a previous poster mentioned, perhaps that isn't the best idea. I would welcome any advice since I am a relative newbie here, although I have been reading the boards on and off for over a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd