Coaches... I need advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
You changed your first response. we had a kid join my daughters 18u team as a high school junior. She never played travel ball. Only rec and high school. She just signed to an NAIA school. We had a pitcher a few years ago come to our team as a freshman in high school. She only played rec. and she signed to a D1 school as a junior after playing travel for only 1 year. We had a high school senior join our team and get signed to play at Harvard. She quit playing travel ball at 14 and came back as a senior.
There are a lot of talented young athletes who for many reasons do not play travel until late in their careers. 11u is a little young to be predicting ruin if she chooses to stay and play rec for a few more years.
Good luck with your team and I hope you can convince this young athlete to play for you. Meanwhile have fun, they are only 11.

Mar 29, 2012
If you really ant to take her away from the organization ran by her father you are going to have to do a MAJOR sale job.

You are going to have to show him tangable benefits he canot provide with his own organization, not just "she can make D1 with us" hyperbole. You need to show him better facilities, tournament schedule, showcases, equipment, and higher level coaching than she has access to in his own org.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD is an 11 rec player and I still think she has a couple years to make a decision of what she wants to do regarding SB. Forget D1, she needs to get on a better Team to make her HS Team. She is having fun and enjoys softball. Nothing wrong with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd