Things to Remember - Coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
Not an "in-game" situation but rather, after the game keep your after-game comments to the team 5 minutes or less. Even in HS, I had a designated player set a timer and when it went off, I was done. Some coaches think that they are going to change things in that talk that would take hours of practice time to change. In that "talk" start and end with positive comments.

This is a huge peeve of mine. The kids aren't listening. They don't care. Just call outsome players who made some good plays or had some good hits and go home. Wait until practice to talk about what went wrong.

Feb 24, 2022
2 things:
1) The play is not over when an out is made. Always pay attention to the runners on base and/or get the ball back to the pitching circle asap.
2) Everyone should be moving on every play - it's easy to move when the ball is in your general area, but teach them all where they are moving on every play. Outfielders backing up bases, infielders covering open bases, etc. This will give them a job to do on every play and keep them more engaged.

Oct 11, 2018
Atlanta
This is a huge peeve of mine. The kids aren't listening. They don't care. Just call outsome players who made some good plays or had some good hits and go home. Wait until practice to talk about what went wrong.

I always try to keep Domingo’s advice
In mind when talking to the team after tge game (I don’t always succeed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles