Coaches don't know the rules, argue most of the time!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
Kind of fits into this topic

Saturday the opposing HC was discussing his displeasure with the strike zone between innings and a little bit while coaching 3rd. He was warned to stop it then tossed in the 3rd inning.

Next inning their pitcher started their windup and the AC, now HC, called their name so they stop in the middle of their windup. Ump called a ball for the batter, I thought the AC was going to be tossed too. :)

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
Last weekend we have runners on 2 and 3 with one out. The batter pop flies out to deep CF. My runner on 3 tags up and scores. During the same live ball my runner that was on 2 takes 3 and rounds the bag a few steps. Their ss throws behind her and she eventually get out in a run down between 3 & 4. My original girl that was on 3 that tagged up and scored, that run was taken away from us. Their coaches/book keeper says it didn't stand because the final out took place within the same play/live ball. Neither umpire could answer definitely if this was an accurate call or not....Morons. We lost that game 7-8.

Please, oh please, tell me you filed a protest immediately.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Kind of fits into this topic

Saturday the opposing HC was discussing his displeasure with the strike zone between innings and a little bit while coaching 3rd. He was warned to stop it then tossed in the 3rd inning.

Next inning their pitcher started their windup and the AC, now HC, called their name so they stop in the middle of their windup. Ump called a ball for the batter, I thought the AC was going to be tossed too. :)

AC should have been tossed...JMHO...

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
This is my new favorite: 10u rec ball, 1st time player batting, standing about as far away from the plate as possible, all the way to the back left corner of the box. Pitch comes inside, off the plate, but not in the batter's box either. Batter does that little backwards bunny hop as the pitch comes in. A ball is called on the pitch and the DC explodes in disbelief that a strike wasn't called on the batter for "being out of the box." Continued like this all... game... long.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Pop fly hit to shallow right field. Right fielder and 2nd baseman converge on ball on the right field baseline. Right fielder calls ball and ball hits right fielders glove and bounces out and hits ground in foul territory. Right fielder had both feet in fair territory while touching ball. HC goes out to argue the call and uses the logic that both of the girls feet were in fair territory when the ball was touched, therefore it was a fair ball. Blue explains that from his angle, the ball was in foul territory when player made contact with ball. HC tells blue that he blew the call.

The corresponding coaching tip in this case is to teach your fielders to make sure they have BOTH FEET in foul territory on any fly ball down the line!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Sadly I've made few of these blunders myself. Other times it was the other coach and on occasion even the umpire who was clueless on a particular rule. I try to be a bit more zen about these days and chuckle about it later.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors