Coach Assaults Ump

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2016
News media was wrong (Shocker I know). He has been fired from coaching that team. Also, multiple tournament orgs have banned him as well.

Glad he was fired, but blame the media for getting it wrong? Did the media also get it wrong when the team posted on facebook that they were 1-1 in pool games and provided a link to their gamechanger that shows they are 0-3-1 on their season? Hard to be 1-1 when you've never won a game.

May 29, 2015
No snakes. No dogs. No “lady”.

And if you are a baseball org, don’t start up a softball side to finance the boys side.

It’s 2019, people.

That means it’s a double-negative which means it’s a positive which means it is OK! ;)

Shoot ... I was liking the sound of the Lady Snake Dogs, too.

May 29, 2015
Glad he was fired, but blame the media for getting it wrong? Did the media also get it wrong when the team posted on facebook that they were 1-1 in pool games and provided a link to their gamechanger that shows they are 0-3-1 on their season? Hard to be 1-1 when you've never won a game.

You’ll never believe which magazine just published that statistic ...

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
That means it’s a double-negative which means it’s a positive which means it is OK! ;)

Shoot ... I was liking the sound of the Lady Snake Dogs, too.

Lady Viper Hounds. It's dog with the head of a viper. But it's pink because "lady."

(Our HS team uses the "Lady"-animals construction and I embrace it, not because I like it, but because I have to stress the team/school spirit thing as a selling point.)

Mar 28, 2014
I was referring to the part of their report where they said the coach was still going to coach the team.

May 29, 2015
That’s a fine line ... they may not have gotten it wrong in the first place (and I do believe they were reporting what they were told), but by not updating an online story when the story changes they may as well have.

I do enough work with the media to know “corrections” in print do very little good, but they are valuable online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish