Chop down swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2021
Need tips to correct a chop down swing “chopping wood”. I have used a tee and put it up high and low, no matter where I put it she still wants to chop at the ball. I use a swing stick also, and still tries to chop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Oct 2, 2017
Need tips to correct a chop down swing “chopping wood”. I have used a tee and put it up high and low, no matter where I put it she still wants to chop at the ball. I use a swing stick also, and still tries to chop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Not sure without video, but sounds like maybe the lower half isn't doing what its supposed to do. Could be all arms swing or maybe All back all forward swing.

Apr 20, 2021
Not sure without video, but sounds like maybe the lower half isn't doing what its supposed to do. Could be all arms swing or maybe All back all forward swing.
She has a little leg action, I’m having a hard time getting her back foot still. I tried a couple of diff drills that try to keep her from spinning on her front foot

Oct 2, 2017
She has a little leg action, I’m having a hard time getting her back foot still. I tried a couple of diff drills that try to keep her from spinning on her front foot

Agree with the question Big Sky asked, How Old? Also to be quite honest, without seeing the swing, Its simply just guessing.

Aug 2, 2019

I have to tell my DD and one of the girls on the team to put their front foot down hard. While that may not be technically correct, it's the only cue that keeps them from walking over their front foot and keeps them behind the ball. When they "step", their body keeps moving toward the pitcher. When they "put their foot down hard" they stop their bodies forward momentum and the swing starts as a turn around the body, instead of a lunge toward the ball.

Apr 20, 2021
Agree with the question Big Sky asked, How Old? Also to be quite honest, without seeing the swing, Its simply just guessing.
She’s a 6 yr old and first year player.. I know it’s maybe early for her, but I would like to going in the right direction with her hitting. She loves the sport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles