Chelsea Bramlett's Speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What is her home to first time? Many people make fun tall tales about her speed like she hits a ball four feet and it's a triple. Do any of you think she's the next Caitlain Lowe or Natasha Watley?

Jun 26, 2010
bramlett18

Hi fortheloveofsoftball12,
To answer your question about Chelsea's times, she runs home to first in 2.39 seconds, and she runs home to home in 9.98 seconds. Those are no fun tall tales people are writing about, those are actually true statements. To start, Chelsea is already faster than Lowe and Watley, and given the opportunity she will be as good as them. She is currently playing on the USA national team, and you can watch gametracker by going to usasoftball.com. Last nights game was even on a local TV station in Venezuela, which they broadcast over their website so we could watch it. I hope you have enjoyed these little fun facts, and if you have any other questions let me know!

Dec 28, 2008
Do any of you think she's the next Caitlain Lowe or Natasha Watley?

I know what you mean, but I'm going to answer in a different way .... I sure hope not. I love both of those ladies for what they did for the sport, but both are unique as is Chelsea. So while I hope she reaches their level of play and takes it a step further, I hope the world accepts Chelsea as the first "Chelsea Bramlett" and not the second Natasha Whatley or the second Caitlyn Lowe.

...I hope the world accepts Chelsea as the first "Chelsea Bramlett" and not the second Natasha Whatley or the second Caitlyn Lowe.

What a fabulous way of looking at it! Terrible comparing folks in anything, especially sports. It's nice that Bramlett is blazing a path for younger girls to follow!! Go, Chelsea, Go!!!

Jul 21, 2008
Just curious how was that time taken? Was the clock started at contact or was it started on first step? 2.39 starting at contact seem a bit fast even for her.

Hi fortheloveofsoftball12,
To answer your question about Chelsea's times, she runs home to first in 2.39 seconds, and she runs home to home in 9.98 seconds. Those are no fun tall tales people are writing about, those are actually true statements. To start, Chelsea is already faster than Lowe and Watley, and given the opportunity she will be as good as them. She is currently playing on the USA national team, and you can watch gametracker by going to usasoftball.com. Last nights game was even on a local TV station in Venezuela, which they broadcast over their website so we could watch it. I hope you have enjoyed these little fun facts, and if you have any other questions let me know!

I don't like comparisons

I see what you mean by not comparing them. I did not mean to do that. What I meant was if you thought she'd reach the international recognition of Watley and Lowe for speed. I should have reworded that differently. Also was 2.39 from the left or right side of the plate?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2008
I know what you meant, that's why I specified that I'd answer it in a different way than you expected just to make everyone think and let her know, if Bramlett18 was her, how fantastic I think she is. ;)

I think she'd love to earn the reputation and gain the kind of recognition that they've earned. She sure showed her speed during the KFC World Cup and is doing the work to earn her spot. She's already doing a great job of getting folks to talk about her on forums like this, because like you started with "if she can hit the ball 4 feet and be safe" that's a whole new type of ball game.

2.39 was from the left side I'm sure, which is lightening fast. She has a special talent, that's for sure. She is on Facebook if you want to look her up and ask her if the wind gets cold when she's running so fast or anything like that. :)

Oct 25, 2009
2.39 is extremely fast home to 1st. But even more extreme would be home to home in 9.98. That's averaging a little less than 2.5 between each base.

May be true, but hard to believe.

Jun 26, 2010
Bramlett18

Hi Everyone,
The reason I know Chelsea's times from first to home and from home to home is because she is a very close friend of mine. These are the times that they have clocked her running at Mississippi State. The time starts when your foot leaves the ground till the time that your foot hits the base. I know that her time from home to home is extremely fast as well, and part of that is because she has practiced running the bases so much that she know exactly where to round the bags. When you time people running from home to first, or from home to home, you start with your foot on home plate and start from a still position, therefore it does not matter whether you are on the right or left side of the batters box. This is the accurate way to time base running, and this is the ways the girls are timed at the training camp. She is an extremely talented base runner! I too agree that comparing players with each other is not really fair to each individual, like you said I hope she becomes known as the "first Chelsea Bramlett" and not be compared to Watley and Lowe.
Someone asked what is a good time from home to first, anything under 3 seconds is a good time from home to first, and anything 12 seconds or under is a good time from home to home. Another thing many people are unaware of is that Chelsea just got pins taken out of her hand a few weeks ago because she broke her catching hand in her last college game against Alabama. Anything else you want to know just ask!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06