CF7 Insane broke in two

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First I emailed them asking about warranties and got no response so then I called and they said they would email me info on product returns/warranty info. I explained the usage and they said that I voided the warranty because the product wasn't used as intended. Apparently whiffle balls are too much for their bats. I can understand heavy balls but not whiffles.

My request was to read their full warranty.

Hahahahaha...sorry...but that is some funny sh!t there. What an upstanding manufacturer they are.

But honestly, I wouldnt have expected a full warranty bat back after 3 months no matter what. Because a customer doesnt use a bat much, isnt their problem. 3 months is 1/4 of the warranty period.

Its no harm though, just call back tomorrow and give them a different email to email the return info to.

By all means, let this be a lesson to how much info should be shared when talking to the warranty departments. Less is better :)

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
It should be their problem and I never asked for a new bat, just to read their warranty. Maybe a "my bad" and a discount on my next purchase. Instead I will just not buy a bat from them again. Not that I probably would anyway but put in a little effort in customer service.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It should be their problem and I never asked for a new bat, just to read their warranty. Maybe a "my bad" and a discount on my next purchase. Instead I will just not buy a bat from them again. Not that I probably would anyway but put in a little effort in customer service.

It absolutely should be their problem. It cracks me up they used wiffle balls as a "void" tactic. Do you have a receipt within a year?

But never go into anything with warranty dept unless you are asking for something out of the ordinary like a full warranty replacement or something like that. A smaller company maybe trying to cut replacements whenever they can and are told to deny whenever possible.

I can remember when Demarini was very small and Ray (rest his soul, one of the most passionate, innovative bat guys to ever walk this world) sold to Wilson. They used every trick in the book to deny returns. Overuse was a very popular deny.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
I'm not even sure I remember who I bought it from. They were having a half price sale so I got for $90 or so. Figured I give it a shot since it was "cheap" and she didn't want to use her RT game bat..now the RT is the practice bat and she has moved on to an LXT. Says she is saving me money by not using her "game" bats as practice bats. Seeing as how I have bought like $600 in bats in less than a year, I'm not understanding her logic...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Oh, you didnt keep the receipt...thats a tough one to overcome :)

Well, then you would have had to buy 4 new bats if she ruined her gamers for practice...completely understandable how she is "helping" you out...hahaha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves