Louisville Meta broke?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
Today at practice a girl on the team got up to bat and on her first hit I noticed her bat sounded weird and thought she just hit it off the end. After a few more hits that I could tell she hit flush the sound continued and the ball didn't seem to be coming off the bat very hard granted she is 9. After she was finished I got her bat and shook it. It's not a rattle like a broken off piece of epoxy. I guess the best way to explain the sound is if you were to open the end cap and put a rod or something in there and shake it. If you smack the bat on your hand it's like something hitting on the inside. If you hold the bat straight up and move it straight up and down you dont hear it. Tournament tomorrow but no big deal my daughter has the exact same bat and same length so she can use it. This bat was bought in August so not a big deal getting it replaced, it barely has a scratch on it. My main question is what is on the inside that would sound like that?

Dec 11, 2010
I don’t know what kind of “inner tech” Meta has but the Xeno’s dd‘s used to swing have an inner damper that keeps the side wall from flexing too much at a certain point on the bat to keep it legal. I believe LXT has the same and I’m guessing now that Meta does too.

That damper breaks occasionally and clunks like… a big old hunk of something is loose in there. And yes, the bat will be really, really hot for the short remainder of the bats life before complete failure.

Jul 27, 2021
How many people are using bats when the temp is below the manufacturer rating?

Probably everyone during Fall Ball.

The industry recommendation is 60 degrees Fahrenheit. Easton, recommend avoiding temperatures as low as 50 degrees Fahrenheit for their aluminum models.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What...another Meta break...how does that happen...impossible? :) (yes, sarcasm)
The PCs sound like that when the inner chamber breaks loose once in a while. No big deal, send back
in and get a new one.

The bat will not be really hot...the bats get hot when the fibers start breaking...then its hot until it bursts. You just
have a bat with loose inner equip rattling around. It might not even hit as well as another meta if the loose inner stuff throws the weight all off of the bat or if its stuck in a weird spot.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021
I don’t know what kind of “inner tech” Meta has but the Xeno’s dd‘s used to swing have an inner damper that keeps the side wall from flexing too much at a certain point on the bat to keep it legal. I believe LXT has the same and I’m guessing now that Meta does too.

That damper breaks occasionally and clunks like… a big old hunk of something is loose in there. And yes, the bat will be really, really hot for the short remainder of the bats life before complete failure.
The bat seemed really dead and was stinging the batters hands.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA