CF7 Insane broke in two

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DDs team was playing this weekend when one of her teammates with a new CF7 rips a hard grounder past F4. She hesitates before running to first looking at her hands. She was thrown out at first and then returns to pick up two pieces of her bat. Broke right where the handle meets the barrel. She said it felt weird hitting which made her look.

This was on Sunday and the bat was purchased last week. FWIW, she is a big hitter but still no reason for a bat to break less than a week old. Shades of the Vendetta?

The CF7 is fine. We see them every tournament and some have thousands of swings on them already. No problems to speak of. My own DD has one (she doesn't care for it all that much, but other girls love it) and it has been flawless in terms of performance.

A bat breaks every once in awhile. No big deal, really. When you see one break every other weekend, then there might be a problem.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
It was the first time I'd seen one at a tourney and I usually notice what kids are hitting. Makos and Xenos are what I'm seeing mostly in the NE.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
My DD broke a Rip-It bat the same way. It was her practice bat but didn't have what I would consider a lot of use on it. It was only three months old and the first two months we were only hitting wiffles.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
First I emailed them asking about warranties and got no response so then I called and they said they would email me info on product returns/warranty info. I explained the usage and they said that I voided the warranty because the product wasn't used as intended. Apparently whiffle balls are too much for their bats. I can understand heavy balls but not whiffles.

My request was to read their full warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves