Catcher chatting up batters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
I was telling DD about this and she got such a kick out of it...she also got an evil glint in her eye. :)

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
No doubt! This weekend during practice, I played catcher while another dad pitched. We had a quick scrimmage at the end of practice. I really gave it to those batters! We were trying to teach them to ignore the banter and focus on the pitcher.

LMAO... That is a classic.

For you DD Catcher Dads, and former catchers.... Let me flip it on you.... What would batters do that would rattle you, or get under your skin (turnabout is fair play ;-)?

Not say a word and smack it out of the park. That was a good way to shut me up. :D

I always hated a batter that set up at the very back of the box. Just irritated me for some reason.

Jan 27, 2011
Los Angeles
DD says she's never experienced this. What is more bothersome is when the college-age ump is flirting with the 17yo catchers - seen that more than once.

Mar 13, 2010
Really LADad? My first base's boyfriend was our plate umpire in the GF. I've never seen an umpire call a K2 looking quite like he did!

Jul 19, 2008
The batter could stand in the back of the box and take nice, wide swings. Maybe that would get the catchers attention. That and remember the catcher if there is to be a play at the plate later on. That may work to turn the tables a bit.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My first memories of baseball is the "heeeeeey batter batter hey, SWING batter". After a couple years we learned much more inappropriate things. Wow, the things that were part of the game in the 80s would have kids expelled from the sport today. Yes we have advanced from those days, but I know we had more fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06